NT PDC to Windows 2000 AD Help

I have a client who has 1 NT 4.0 PDC Server and they just
purchased a new Windows 2000 Server. I need to move the
PDC from the NT 4 machine to the new Windows 2000 Server
while keeping the machine name, SSID, Users, etc.. all the
same. So when the workstations turn on and connect to
\\server\network\..., it all still works.

What I'm trying to prevent is having to create a new AD,
then going to all 20 Windows 2000/XP Pro machines and
having to rejoint a new domain. I want to go back to the
office on Tuesday, install this new server, turn it on and
have everyone start working when they come in.

Can this be done without having to install Windows 2000 on
the NT box and do an upgrade?

Thanks.

Dean Penderghast
3 answers Last reply
More about windows 2000 help

    It seems like you got a limited time to play with ADMT
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/tools/admt/default.asp or
    Ideal Migration www.pointdev.com.

    Jetro:

    Will either ADMT or pointdev allow me to keep the same machine name on both
    servers (they won't be on the network at the same time)? This is probably
    the most critical item I need to deal with.

    Thanks!

    Dean

    "Jetro" <no.spam@internet> wrote in message
    > It seems like you got a limited time to play with ADMT
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/tools/admt/default.asp or
    > Ideal Migration www.pointdev.com.

    This is exactly what I thought you need above all.

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=281308
    Connecting to SMB Share on a Windows 2000-Based Server May Not Work with an
    Alias Name

Windows 2000 Servers Windows