Win Me to Win 2000 - Format Disk

hi,

I have to go from WinMe to Win2000Pro. i have to format
the disk before i install Win2000. what's the proper
procedure to retain control of the CD Drive, yet wipe the
disk clean of all remainants of WinME? all help is
apprecitated!

Curt

Answered in setup_upgrade

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Curt Haase" <curt.haase@alumni.mwc.edu> wrote in message
| hi,
|
| I have to go from WinMe to Win2000Pro. i have to format
| the disk before i install Win2000. what's the proper
| procedure to retain control of the CD Drive, yet wipe the
| disk clean of all remainants of WinME? all help is
| apprecitated!
|
| Curt

Greetings --

Simply boot from the Win2K installation CD. You'll be offered the
opportunity to delete, create, and/or format the system partition as
part of the installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the
order of boot devices in the PC's BIOS to boot from the CD.)

Bruce Chambers
having both at once. -- RAH

"Curt Haase" <curt.haase@alumni.mwc.edu> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> I have to go from WinMe to Win2000Pro. i have to format
> the disk before i install Win2000. what's the proper
> procedure to retain control of the CD Drive, yet wipe the
> disk clean of all remainants of WinME? all help is
> apprecitated!
>
> Curt

TRENDING THREADS