Geforce 7800 GS Problems

milned

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I've just bought a BFG Geforce 7800 GS and it doesn't work properly. I was previously using a Geforce fx 5700LE with no problems. I have installed the latest nvidia drivers.

When I boot up the screen display is knackered with odd bits of colour every - looks a bit like the matrix actually.

When it's booted, any attempt to change the colour setting from low or the resolution from 800x600 stops the graphics card outputting any signal at all and I have to restart in safe mode.

This is a brand new card so should be fine - does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

I should also add I have a 500W PSU

milned

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
it's an agp, i've tried removing and reinstalling drivers any number of times now. My old one still works fine on the same drivers i'm using it now

ALANMAN

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
I've had the same problem before, and here's what worked for me:

Take the card back to where you bought it, if you bought it online RMA it, then get a new card or a refund :wink:

n3zyd

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2006
I have a 7800gs too and had install problems, the drivers i'm using problem free are 93.71 you can find them here http://www.guru3d.com
also on that site you can get a program called "driver cleaner" do EXACTLY that they say first and if you don't have a bad card that should fix you up

TheXDS

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
mmmm... It could be a faulty power supply, some of them just can't make that monster boot up. Try changing the power cord or the entire power suppy, also follow the previous tips prior to try changing it.