FR/LG Questions About Availablity

Which Pokemon are not available in each version? I know it may change, it
did for GS, but only a little.

daramark

"White Cat" <white_cat59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> daramark wrote:
> >
> > Which Pokemon are not available in each version? I know it may change,
it
> > did for GS, but only a little.
>
> http://www.serebii.net/red_green/exclusives.shtml

Don't they have the names? It's been a while since I saw some of these
pokes; I can't remember what one of them is.

Not in Green: Ekans x2 (for Arbok), Oddish x4, Psyduck x2, Growlithe x2,
Electrabuzz x2, Cloyster x2, Scizor x2, Wooper x2, Murkrow, Skarmory,
Delibird and something small and blue.

Not in Red: Sandshrew x2, Ninetales x2, Victreebell x3, Slowbro x3, Staryu
x2, Magmar x2, Pinsir, Marill x3, Octillery x2, Mantine, Sneazle,
Misdrevous.

I think I have to pull out my GSC, because I used to know these pokes quite
well, and now I can't even spell them. lol

All help will be welcomed. My brain is fried, and I need sleep. 'night!

daramark

"daramark" <mark.bull@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Don't they have the names? It's been a while since I saw some of these
> pokes; I can't remember what one of them is.

In the order they appear on That Site:

Only in Fire Red:

[Ekans], [Arbok], Oddish, Gloom, Vileplume, Bellossom, Psyduck, Golduck,
Growlithe, Arcanine, [Shellder], [Cloyster], [Electabuzz], [Elekid],
[Scyther], [Scizor], Wooper, Quagsire, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Delibird,
Skarmory.

Only n Leaf Green:

Sandshrew, Sandslash, Vulpix, Ninetales, [Bellsprout], [Weepinbell],
[Victreebel], [Slowpoke], [Slowbro], [Slowking], Staryu, Starmie, [Magmar],
[Magby], Pinsir, Azurill, Marill, Azumarill, Misdreavus, Sneasel, Remoraid,
Octillery, Mantine.

Those in square brackets are exclusive to that version, and cannot be found
in Ruby, Sapphire or Colosseum either.

Totals:

True exclusives to each version: 8
Colosseum Pokémon for each version: 5

Fire Red contains 9 exclusives also found in RS, while Leaf Green contains
10.

In summary: Leaf Green rules all, even if it doesn't include Golduck.

--
Steffan

White Cat wrote:
> daramark wrote:
>

>> Which Pokemon are not available in each version? I know it may
>> change, it
>> did for GS, but only a little.
>

> http://www.serebii.net/red_green/exclusives.shtml

I noticed it says that Deoxsys changes forms when you trade it between
versions. Does it just change its appearance, or other things change as
well?

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

"Steffan Alun" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message
> Only in Fire Red:
>...Wooper, Quagsire
<snip>
> In summary: Leaf Green rules all

ERROR - Does not compute.

--
-- Pokemon Trainer Mike. Dominik Hasek is the best goalie that ever played
the game of hockey.

Member of the Bomb Ball Bashers Junior Strike Force
Defending the world from the evils of Voltorb and Electrode.
Full BBB Member Application pending (hopefully)

Neopet Owner (To sign up for Neopets, go to
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=michaelruss)
Vice President in the Pokimon Temple Guild
(http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?oid=mantine)

I have:

1 I Love Mango's Point
5 AGNP (Andy Gives Nice Points) Points
5 Binary Poster Points
10 Jax Points
15 Y2Tech Points
20 Points Just For The Sake Of Having Points Points.
25 WAM Points
85 BBB Points
10000 Pikachuumon Points

My PBS Record (RBY):

5-4-7

My PBS Record (G/S):

0-0-0

150 Pokemon in my Blue version...

150 Pokemon in my Yellow version...

249 Pokemon in my Silver version...

249 Pokemon in my Gold version...

249 Pokemon in my Crystal version...

"Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots" <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
message news:2nvhm6F55jsoU1@uni-berlin.de...
> White Cat wrote:
> > daramark wrote:
> >

> >> Which Pokemon are not available in each version? I know it may
> >> change, it
> >> did for GS, but only a little.
> >

> > http://www.serebii.net/red_green/exclusives.shtml
> >
> I noticed it says that Deoxsys changes forms when you trade it between
> versions. Does it just change its appearance, or other things change as
> well?

Stats and appearance

Raph wrote:

> > I noticed it says that Deoxsys changes forms when you trade it between
> > versions. Does it just change its appearance, or other things change as
> > well?
>
> Stats and appearance

The moves it can learn by leveling are different in each version, too.

The base stats are as follows:
Ruby/Sapphire - HP:50 Att:150 Def:50 SpAtt:150 SpDef:50 Spd:150
Fire Red: - HP:50 Att:180 Def:20 SpAtt:180 SpDef:20 Spd:150
Leaf Green: - HP:50 Att:70 Def:160 SpAtt:70 SpDef:160 Spd:90
Emerald: - HP:50 Att:95 Def:80 SpAtt:95 SpDef:80 Spd:200 (?)

(The Emerald one is my best guess, based on reverse-engineering the
stats in the screenshot that was just released.)

-- White Cat
http://pokedex.kary.ca/

Steffan Alun wrote:

> Fire Red contains 9 exclusives also found in RS, while Leaf Green contains
> 10.
>
> In summary: Leaf Green rules all, even if it doesn't include Golduck.

Actually, it's the other way around. If you get Leaf, you're missing
five series (Ekans, Shellder, Elekid, Scyther, and you forgot
Growlithe), while if you get Fire, you're only missing three
(Bellsprout, Slowpoke, Magby).

Of course, I would have bought Fire anyway, since it's got Growlithe.

-- White Cat
http://pokedex.kary.ca/

White Cat wrote:

> Emerald: - HP:50 Att:95 Def:80 SpAtt:95 SpDef:80 Spd:200 (?)
>
> (The Emerald one is my best guess, based on reverse-engineering the
> stats in the screenshot that was just released.)

Emerald, you say? Is that a third to round out Ruby and Sapphire, or is
it a remake of Gold and Silver?

--

Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in message news:<2o26c3F62vbaU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> White Cat wrote:
> >
> > Emerald: - HP:50 Att:95 Def:80 SpAtt:95 SpDef:80 Spd:200 (?)
> >
> > (The Emerald one is my best guess, based on reverse-engineering the
> > stats in the screenshot that was just released.)
> >
> Emerald, you say? Is that a third to round out Ruby and Sapphire, or is
> it a remake of Gold and Silver?

'Tis the first option. Essentially equivalent to the Crystal version
(animated sprites, slightly different plot with regard to
legendaries). And apparently you can fight two (unrelated) trainers
at once now... there's a series of screenshots showing the player
getting simultaneously challenged by (IIRC) a Beauty and a Psychic.
And Brendan and May suddenly have a lot of green on their clothes for
no good reason.

I'm wondering if they'll eventually complete the set with Topaz or
something.

-Andrusi &&
Sanity not included.

>Emerald, you say? Is that a third to round out Ruby and Sapphire, or is
>it a remake of Gold and Silver?

Emerald is to R/S what Crystal was to Gold & Silver; same game, but with a few
unique touches. There are a few new areas, different Pokémon to capture, and
the new 'Speed' form for Deoxys. Plus, the characters (Brendan and May) wear a
lot more green.

William Rendfeld
Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
178,000 Excellent Author Points
1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
20 Y2Tech Points

"Andrusi" <asverner@unity.ncsu.edu> wrote in message
> Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots <zeroohki@netscape.net> wrote in
message news:<2o26c3F62vbaU1@uni-berlin.de>...

> I'm wondering if they'll eventually complete the set with Topaz or
> something.

Lol - my vote is for Amber...

"Steffan Alun" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message
> "daramark" <mark.bull@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Don't they have the names? It's been a while since I saw some of these
> > pokes; I can't remember what one of them is.
>
> In the order they appear on That Site:
>
> Only in Fire Red:
> [Scyther], [Scizor], Wooper, Quagsire, Murkrow, Qwilfish, Delibird,

> Fire Red contains 9 exclusives also found in RS, while Leaf Green contains
> 10.
>
> In summary: Leaf Green rules all, even if it doesn't include Golduck.

Bah, Fire Red has Scyther. Fire Red for Teh Winz!

> Steffan Alun wrote:
> >
> > Fire Red contains 9 exclusives also found in RS, while Leaf Green
contains
> > 10.
> >
> > In summary: Leaf Green rules all, even if it doesn't include Golduck.
>
> Actually, it's the other way around. If you get Leaf, you're missing
> five series (Ekans, Shellder, Elekid, Scyther, and you forgot
> Growlithe), while if you get Fire, you're only missing three
> (Bellsprout, Slowpoke, Magby).
>
> Of course, I would have bought Fire anyway, since it's got Growlithe.

I'll probably get both eventually anyway. I've already got Ruby & Sapphire
and Colosseum.

daramark" <mark.bull@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> "White Cat" <white_cat59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > daramark wrote:
> > >
> > > Which Pokemon are not available in each version? I know it may
change,
> it
> > > did for GS, but only a little.
> >
> > http://www.serebii.net/red_green/exclusives.shtml
>

> Don't they have the names? It's been a while since I saw some of these
> pokes; I can't remember what one of them is.
>
> Not in Green: Ekans x2 (for Arbok), Oddish x4, Psyduck x2, Growlithe x2,
> Electrabuzz x2, Cloyster x2, Scizor x2, Wooper x2, Murkrow, Skarmory,
> Delibird and something small and blue.

something small and blue = Qwillfish. I shoulda known. :)

Brion K. Lienhart <brionl@comcast.net> wrote:
> Bah, Fire Red has Scyther. Fire Red for Teh Winz!

Despite my undying love for all things grass-type, Red was the first version
of Pokemon I ever owned (hell, it was the first object BEARING the name
Pokemon I ever owned) and as such Red will always hold a place in my heart.

Of course, I'll start with Bulbasaur, but most likely the first FR/LG
version I'll buy will be Fire Red.

--
Deep Thought