[R/S] Fishing Advice

After dealing with the relatively easy fishing option in previous generations,
I can't help but feel absolutely stumped by the fishing system in R/S. Any
suggestions? Anyone?

William Rendfeld
Creator of Echowarrior and Alex Masters
178,000 Excellent Author Points
1 'I knew odd pokefacts that confused a bread crumb' point.
20 Y2Tech Points

On 12 Aug 2004, William Rendfeld wrote:
> After dealing with the relatively easy fishing option in previous
> generations, I can't help but feel absolutely stumped by the fishing
> system in R/S. Any suggestions? Anyone?

Other than hitting A as fast as possible when you see the "Oh! A bite!",
no tips...

"William Rendfeld" <warendfeld@aol.com> wrote in message
> After dealing with the relatively easy fishing option in previous
generations,
> I can't help but feel absolutely stumped by the fishing system in R/S. Any
> suggestions? Anyone?

I found it hard at first, too. Start to fish, and it will show ... the
amount of dots varies, but soon, if you are lucky, you will see "Oh! A
Bite!". Hit the 'A' button, once.

Now, if you are too quick (there hasn't been a bite yet) you will pull your
line out of the water and have to start again. If you are too slow the
Pokemon will get away. If you got it right one of two things will happen:
you will pull up a Pokemon to battle or you will see the ... dots again.

If you see the dots again, just wait for the "Oh! A Bite!" thingy and hit
the 'A' button once again. Remember, the dots can be short or long, just
wait them out.

Hope this helps,

daramark

Joseph William Dixon wrote:
> On 12 Aug 2004, William Rendfeld wrote:
>
> > After dealing with the relatively easy fishing option in previous
> > generations, I can't help but feel absolutely stumped by the fishing
> > system in R/S. Any suggestions? Anyone?
>

> Other than hitting A as fast as possible when you see the "Oh! A bite!",
> no tips...

To be a bit clearer, you have to quickly hit the A button *once* every
time it says "Oh! A bite!". If you wait more than a split-second, or
hit it when it's doing the "......." bit, it will get away.

-- White Cat
http://pokedex.kary.ca/

TRENDING THREADS