Sign in with
Your question

Turtle Beach

Last response: in Components
February 26, 2007 10:50:19 PM

Hey all,

I'm looking to upgrade from my Onboard audio, to something a little better, without too much cost. I'm looking at this Turtle beach 7.1 sound card, to go along with this Turtle Beach headset.

I have just a few questions...

- What have you heard about TB's sound cards?
- Any personal experinces?
- Are they worth the price, or should I save money for something a bit better?

Thanks,

-Snowy

More about : turtle beach

February 27, 2007 12:31:04 AM

From what I've heard, Turtle Beach is about the best you can get. I'd go that combination.
February 27, 2007 1:10:49 AM

Turtle beach is supposedly a good company, but if you ask me it's just like creative without the high price tag because of the name. If you want a good sound card that performs despite its name I would get this as your sound card. I mean for 60 bucks you could have a card that runs around your turtle beach and then bench presses it for a warm up.

After that, it's wonderful music :lol: 

Up to you though, hope I helped you out.
Related resources
February 27, 2007 1:11:10 AM

I've got a 7 year old Turtle Beach Santa Cruz soundcard and i still love it. Sounds brilliant and still working despite being so old - this is the third pc it's been in!
February 27, 2007 1:53:08 AM

Quote:
Turtle beach is supposedly a good company, but if you ask me it's just like creative without the high price tag because of the name. If you want a good sound card that performs despite its name I would get this as your sound card. I mean for 60 bucks you could have a card that runs around your turtle beach and then bench presses it for a warm up.

After that, it's wonderful music :lol: 

Up to you though, hope I helped you out.

I was looking at that too, but I've never heard of the company... But looking on their site, they have Vista drivers! :o  (I don't have Vista yet, but plan to soon, so this is a concern).
!