System cannot find NT5INF.CAT

After running the repair module from the Product CD the
system hangs and then goes to a screen indicating that the
file NT5INF.CAT cannot be found and that this is a fatal
error. I am installing to the same machine with the
original software.

Can someone suggest a solution.

Thanks

Hi,

I understand that you are trying to perform repair installation of Windows
2000 and the system displays the error that the NT5INF.CAT file is missing.

Please find the related knowledge base article that provides the cause and
resolution of the article.

Error Messages Are Displayed When You Perform an In-Place Upgrade
;290790]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];290790

Hope the issue is resolved after following the steps mentioned in the
article.

Thank you,

Rashmi