Win2000 bootable startup CD?

Is there a way to make a bootable startup CD for
installing Win2000? I know you can make startup floppies,
but my new laptop has no floppy drive.

Thanks in advance to anyone who reponses.
6 answers Last reply
More about win2000 bootable startup

    i use this all the time. works for windows xp, 2000, and 2003.

    http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/#w2k

    daben

    "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to make a bootable startup CD for
    > installing Win2000? I know you can make startup floppies,
    > but my new laptop has no floppy drive.
    >
    > Thanks in advance to anyone who reponses.

    Thanks daben for saving me from buying an external floppy
    drive just to install win2000.

    Geoff,
    you must have the newer win2000 CD thats bootable. Mine
    is one of the original release and it does not boot.
    Thanks for trying.

    Phil

    the win2K cd is bootable

    Geoff

    "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:1852f01c44a47$0e6f38c0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
    > Is there a way to make a bootable startup CD for
    > installing Win2000? I know you can make startup floppies,
    > but my new laptop has no floppy drive.
    >
    > Thanks in advance to anyone who reponses.

    i get my sw from our university volume licensing. we can download it and
    not get the media if we do not want to pay ... so i make my own cds. some
    people may have the same issues so that is why i suggested bcd.

    daben

    Geoffw wrote:
    > *the win2K cd is bootable
    >
    > Geoff
    >
    > "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:1852f01c44a47$0e6f38c0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
    > > Is there a way to make a bootable startup CD for
    > > installing Win2000? I know you can make startup floppies,
    > > but my new laptop has no floppy drive.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance to anyone who reponses. *

    Not to thread jack, but I'm having this sick little
    BSOD problem reinstalling win2k on an Asus MB, can
    *anyone* shed some light on my thread on inaccessible
    boot device. I scrolled through what MS has to say about
    it, but I'm having a hard time believing it's any of the
    myriad excuses MS has for it.

    I posted it a few days ago, and not even one person
    responded. Is that because it's too stupid of a question,
    or because nobody else has ever seen that?

    Peter

    --
    PeterS
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

    "PeterS" <PeterS.17i3wj@mail.mcse.ms> wrote in message

    > Geoffw wrote:
    > > *the win2K cd is bootable
    > >
    > > Geoff
    > >
    > > "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > > message news:1852f01c44a47$0e6f38c0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
    > > > Is there a way to make a bootable startup CD for
    > > > installing Win2000? I know you can make startup
    floppies,
    > > > but my new laptop has no floppy drive.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks in advance to anyone who reponses. *
    >
    > Not to thread jack, but I'm having this sick little
    > BSOD problem reinstalling win2k on an Asus MB, can
    > *anyone* shed some light on my thread on inaccessible
    > boot device. I scrolled through what MS has to say about
    > it, but I'm having a hard time believing it's any of the
    > myriad excuses MS has for it.
    >
    > I posted it a few days ago, and not even one person
    > responded. Is that because it's too stupid of a question,
    > or because nobody else has ever seen that?
    >
    > Peter

    are you sure the MB is compatible - or the on board
    components eg video etc win2K is a bit fussy about hardware
    compatibility. Perhaps check the asus site for info on the
    board compatibility.

    Perhaps you need to load drivers at the prompt to load
    specific drivers ?

    Geoff

    > --
    > PeterS