Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Win2000 bootable startup CD?

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 4, 2004 12:17:31 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

Is there a way to make a bootable startup CD for
installing Win2000? I know you can make startup floppies,
but my new laptop has no floppy drive.

Thanks in advance to anyone who reponses.
Anonymous
June 5, 2004 6:20:43 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

i use this all the time. works for windows xp, 2000, and 2003.

http://www.nu2.nu/bootcd/#w2k

daben

"Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1852f01c44a47$0e6f38c0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> Is there a way to make a bootable startup CD for
> installing Win2000? I know you can make startup floppies,
> but my new laptop has no floppy drive.
>
> Thanks in advance to anyone who reponses.
June 5, 2004 1:20:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

Thanks daben for saving me from buying an external floppy
drive just to install win2000.

Geoff,
you must have the newer win2000 CD thats bootable. Mine
is one of the original release and it does not boot.
Thanks for trying.

Phil
Related resources
June 5, 2004 8:59:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

the win2K cd is bootable

Geoff

"Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1852f01c44a47$0e6f38c0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> Is there a way to make a bootable startup CD for
> installing Win2000? I know you can make startup floppies,
> but my new laptop has no floppy drive.
>
> Thanks in advance to anyone who reponses.
Anonymous
June 6, 2004 11:07:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

i get my sw from our university volume licensing. we can download it and
not get the media if we do not want to pay ... so i make my own cds. some
people may have the same issues so that is why i suggested bcd.

daben
"Geoffw" <gwinnetSPAM@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o TDFhtsSEHA.1368@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> the win2K cd is bootable
>
> Geoff
>
> "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:1852f01c44a47$0e6f38c0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
>> Is there a way to make a bootable startup CD for
>> installing Win2000? I know you can make startup floppies,
>> but my new laptop has no floppy drive.
>>
>> Thanks in advance to anyone who reponses.
>
>
Anonymous
June 7, 2004 2:37:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

Geoffw wrote:
> *the win2K cd is bootable
>
> Geoff
>
> "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:1852f01c44a47$0e6f38c0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> > Is there a way to make a bootable startup CD for
> > installing Win2000? I know you can make startup floppies,
> > but my new laptop has no floppy drive.
> >
> > Thanks in advance to anyone who reponses. *

Not to thread jack, but I'm having this sick little
BSOD problem reinstalling win2k on an Asus MB, can
*anyone* shed some light on my thread on inaccessible
boot device. I scrolled through what MS has to say about
it, but I'm having a hard time believing it's any of the
myriad excuses MS has for it.

I posted it a few days ago, and not even one person
responded. Is that because it's too stupid of a question,
or because nobody else has ever seen that?

Peter



--
PeterS
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted via http://www.mcse.ms
------------------------------------------------------------------------
View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message735776.html
June 8, 2004 2:39:47 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

"PeterS" <PeterS.17i3wj@mail.mcse.ms> wrote in message
news:p eterS.17i3wj@mail.mcse.ms...
>
> Geoffw wrote:
> > *the win2K cd is bootable
> >
> > Geoff
> >
> > "Phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:1852f01c44a47$0e6f38c0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> > > Is there a way to make a bootable startup CD for
> > > installing Win2000? I know you can make startup
floppies,
> > > but my new laptop has no floppy drive.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance to anyone who reponses. *
>
> Not to thread jack, but I'm having this sick little
> BSOD problem reinstalling win2k on an Asus MB, can
> *anyone* shed some light on my thread on inaccessible
> boot device. I scrolled through what MS has to say about
> it, but I'm having a hard time believing it's any of the
> myriad excuses MS has for it.
>
> I posted it a few days ago, and not even one person
> responded. Is that because it's too stupid of a question,
> or because nobody else has ever seen that?
>
> Peter
>
>
>

are you sure the MB is compatible - or the on board
components eg video etc win2K is a bit fussy about hardware
compatibility. Perhaps check the asus site for info on the
board compatibility.

Perhaps you need to load drivers at the prompt to load
specific drivers ?

Geoff

> --
> PeterS
> ----------------------------------------------------------
--------------
> Posted via http://www.mcse.ms
> ----------------------------------------------------------
--------------
> View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message735776.html
>
!