Will this graphic card fit into the Dell E521 ?

waltereo

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2006
Hi,

I plan to buy the Dell E521 + the following card :

XFX GeForce 7600 GT Fatal1ty Edition

I'm wondering if it will fit into the case ?

Thanks

phamily

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
hmm i cant find a link to that card, BUT, dell's cooling unit for the cpu usually gets in the way of two slotted cards. if that card you suggested is only one slotted, then it will fit.
But, a problem might be that the psu that, that dell carries might not be sufficient enough for that card, so you wont be able to take advantage of that card's potential.
Just wait until the PSU pro's get a hand in this thread and they should inform you of the do's and dont's

kinneer

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2006
If the card is a single slot, then it should fit. I have fitted a 7800GT and a 7900GT into two Dell 5150, which I think is the UK version.

There is a molex(?) socket available to connect the card to the PSU if required but you will need to get a cable for it, unless your card came with a cable or does not requires an external PSU. There are some cable holders which could help to arrange the cables.

One side note, I find Dell cables to be a bit on the short side. This might help to make the internal cleaner to reduce stray cables but it does require extra when working with or around them.