Hard drive not showing windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Now u can take a look what's inside, lots of shiny parts. Drive is done.Time to get new one and faster and bigger and much cheaper,buddy.
Once I've had issue like that and I did put the HDD in to freezer overnight in sealed plastic bag and next day drive worked for about 20 minutes so I transferred almost 20GB of files. Drive was WD Raptor 74GB. Lasted me 4 years(5 year/warr)

I tried other things with it, but this one worked the magic.

Could be the heads triing to read - that's why you can hear it, but it does not post to the PC.

I have lots of files I cannot loose, I do photography, so I have few millions of files. I back up to identical size of hard drives, so I have everything 2x on 2 different drives. Now they are cheap = 2TB is about $70 that is = much cheaper than dvds and no clutter.

Well, good luck.

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Horrible information you gave nikorr lol, i have been recovering hard drives for about 2 years now and i can say even if you cant see the drive in windows it can still be good. Such as the file partition table got corrupt or deleted. I have used utilites such as disk digger to recover files from drives that you cannot see in windows.

If you want to try and repair the drive i recommend using something called HDat2 or Diskgenious which are found on Hirens Boot CD and they repair bad sectors in the hard drive to make it work again. This is free to download from their website. Try these options before giving up hope and just junking what could be a good drive.

samboy5000

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011

DiskGenious did the trick for me, just needed to reassign a letter to the drive. Cheers!

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.