When I look at my D: hard-disk drive with the command
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /n, /e, D:\
the Explorer doesn't expand the treeview. For hard-disks C: and E:
everything is OK.

There is no plus sign to the left of the D-drive-icon, and right clicking
shows a grayed-out "expand" menu option. Anybody has an idea what can be the
reason?

Thanks a lot!
Jenny

Hi

Try this command and see if it helps:

%windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,d:

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Jenny VTM" <jenny@vtm.com> wrote in message
> When I look at my D: hard-disk drive with the command
> C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /n, /e, D:\
> the Explorer doesn't expand the treeview. For hard-disks C: and E:
> everything is OK.
>
> There is no plus sign to the left of the D-drive-icon, and right clicking
> shows a grayed-out "expand" menu option. Anybody has an idea what can be
> the
> reason?
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Jenny

Thanks for the tip, Will, but that doesn't help. The tree still doesn't want
to expand, whereas the same command works nicely with C:\ and E:\

"Will Denny" wrote:
> Try this command and see if it helps:
>
> %windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,d:
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> "Jenny VTM" <jenny@vtm.com> wrote in message
>> When I look at my D: hard-disk drive with the command
>> C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /n, /e, D:\
>> the Explorer doesn't expand the treeview. For hard-disks C: and E:
>> everything is OK.
>>
>> There is no plus sign to the left of the D-drive-icon, and right clicking
>> shows a grayed-out "expand" menu option. Anybody has an idea what can be
>> the reason?
>>
>> Thanks a lot!
>> Jenny

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Try Right Clicking 'My Computer' and choose 'Manage'

Then, on the left, go to 'Storage' & then 'Disk Management'

How's that D: Drive look in there?

--
"How hard can it be?"

"Michael" wrote:
> Try Right Clicking 'My Computer' and choose 'Manage'
> Then, on the left, go to 'Storage' & then 'Disk Management'
> How's that D: Drive look in there?

Looks good, nothing special:
Volume/Layout/Type/File System/Status/Cap./ Free/Fault tol./Overh.
D (D:) - Partition - Basic - NTFS - Healthy - 38.09GB - 32.00GB - 84% - No -
0%