Micro ATX Motherboard with SATA

elrodvoss

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
Ive been digging around cause I am interested in making a Microsoft Windows Home Server. Though I know MWHS is a OEM only product, but I expect to find it on ebay through OEM dealers.

Anyways, I have dug around for a Micro ATX case and motherboards, but finding a motherboard that has more then 2 SATA ports is near impossible. I would be happy with 4 SATA ports. There was one ATI motherboard that I found on newegg, but that was the only one that had4 SATA ports.

Is there another place to look for newer Micro-ATX motherboards?

Or are Micro-ATX mostly a dieing breed and few people are interested in making more advanced motherboards?

piratepast40

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
Foxconn has several mATX boards with 4 SATA ports but you didn't say what CPU you were going to use. Try googling "matx reviews" or something similar to find other brands and features.

BUFF

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2003
As has been said it would help others to make suggestions if they knew what CPU you intend using.

on AMD nVidia's 430 southbridge has 4 SATA e.g. on AM2 abit's nF-M2 nView.

elrodvoss

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
Processor dont make a difference, since MWHS only requires 1GHZ to run.

I can find a case that will hold 4HDs w/o any problems, just finding Sata is little harder. I want to avoid using the PATA drives cause that would have insane amount of clutter in there.

Newf

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Processor dont make a difference, since MWHS only requires 1GHZ to run.

I can find a case that will hold 4HDs w/o any problems, just finding Sata is little harder. I want to avoid using the PATA drives cause that would have insane amount of clutter in there.
Newegg has a bunch of them.
Go to the motherboard catagory, choose Intel boards and ask for a power search. Select socket 775, mATX and your choice of 3GB SATA ports. 4 is easy. Some have 6.

elrodvoss

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
I think the problem I was having is when I did a search I was searching for "Micro ATX" not "MATX".

I could find some under micro atx, but only like 1-2 had more then 2 Sata ports.