How to BT network IPAQ rx3715 and PC?

May 26, 2005 3:14:54 PM

I've got an Ipaq rx3715, a super pda. I've just bought a usb bluetooh
device. I want to use the bluetooth connection to get internet on my Ipaq,
but I dont know how to do it. I use the integrated BT software in XP home.
Is this possible with my Ipaq? How do I do it?

More about : network ipaq rx3715

Anonymous
May 27, 2005 1:18:58 AM

"Torbjørn Brosvik" <tobros@online.no> wrote in message
> I've got an Ipaq rx3715, a super pda. I've just bought a usb bluetooh
> device. I want to use the bluetooth connection to get internet on my Ipaq,
> but I dont know how to do it. I use the integrated BT software in XP home.
> Is this possible with my Ipaq? How do I do it?

It can be done, but it's not intuitive. You see, the Windows XP Bluetooth
stack can only be a client in a Bluetooth Personal Area Network. Lucky the
HP software used on its Pocket PC can be a server on a PAN. So you can
bridge the LAN and Bluetooth connections on your computer, and then connect
it to your Pocket PC. Should work ok, providing your firewall doesn't block
things.

You might want to download and install VxUtil on your Pocket PC to test the
conneciton, see the IP information, etc...

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
Software for Pocket PC and Smartphone: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/store
Software for Pocket PC directly on your device:
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/inhand.asp