NT4 Domain to 2K Domain

If we want to change our domain name (currently
CompanyABC) during our upgrade to Windows 2000 and Active
Directory (ABC.Local), what is the best way to do this?
Should we change the NT4 domain before upgrading our PDC,
can we do so during the 2000 Upgrade process of
installing AD, and what are the pitfalls of each
scenario? Thanks!

DK

I would suggest renaming the domain while it is still NT 4.0. Let the domain
run under the new name for a while and keep an eye on the event logs for
errors. Work out the errors before moving to Win 2k.

You have enough going on during an upgrade as it is without worrying about
renaming the domain also.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE