  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 9, 2004 4:41:01 PM

Help!!!! My Server Crashed.

I got the message Inaccessable_boot_device so I ran a repair.

Now the server reboots to finish the repair and I get this message.

The file Nt5inf.cat on Windows 2000 Product CD-ROM is needed.

Type the path where the file is located, and then click OK.

Copy file from:

GLOBALROOT\DEVICE\CDROM0\I386

Where can point the setup to where the CDROm is....

Thanks Leo

More about : repair operation

Anonymous
June 10, 2004 2:09:25 AM

Leo

This MS Knowledge Base article describes the problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=228852

If your problem is software based, as it often is, you might be able to
perform a parallel install, in order to copy the i386-folder to your hard
disk. This article describes how:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266465

This article describes how the CD-ROM problem might have happened:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=270008

Best regards

Bjorn

Leo <Leo@noemail.noemail> wrote:

>Help!!!! My Server Crashed.
>
>I got the message Inaccessable_boot_device so I ran a repair.
>
>Now the server reboots to finish the repair and I get this message.
>
>The file Nt5inf.cat on Windows 2000 Product CD-ROM is needed.
>
>Type the path where the file is located, and then click OK.
>
>Copy file from:
>
>GLOBALROOT\DEVICE\CDROM0\I386
>

>Where can point the setup to where the CDROm is....
>
>Thanks Leo
June 10, 2004 2:09:26 AM

Bjorn,

There has to be a different solution. I cant get to the Hard Drive from a Win98 Boot Disk as this is a NTFS Raid Partition.

The CDROM boots each and every time I put it in to boot from it???

Leo

----- Bjorn Landemoo wrote: -----

Leo

This MS Knowledge Base article describes the problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=228852

If your problem is software based, as it often is, you might be able to
perform a parallel install, in order to copy the i386-folder to your hard
disk. This article describes how:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266465

This article describes how the CD-ROM problem might have happened:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=270008

Best regards

Bjorn

Leo <Leo@noemail.noemail> wrote:

>Help!!!! My Server Crashed.
>>I got the message Inaccessable_boot_device so I ran a repair.
>>Now the server reboots to finish the repair and I get this message.
>>The file Nt5inf.cat on Windows 2000 Product CD-ROM is needed.
>>Type the path where the file is located, and then click OK.
>>Copy file from:
>>GLOBALROOT\DEVICE\CDROM0\I386
>>>Where can point the setup to where the CDROm is....
>>Thanks Leo
Related resources
June 10, 2004 2:09:27 AM

>Bjorn,

Ive installed the Repair Copy of Windows and Copied the
I36 Directory over. I made floppy boot disks out of that
copy. It is still asking for a CD Rom?????

I tried to run the setup from the Install and it just
resetup the repair version???

How Do I run WINNT.EXE????

Please help..

Thanks, Leo

http://landemoo.com/
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Server Networking
>
> Leo <Leo@noemail.noemail> wrote:
>
> >Help!!!! My Server Crashed.
> >>I got the message Inaccessable_boot_device so I
ran a repair.
> >>Now the server reboots to finish the repair and I
get this message.
> >>The file Nt5inf.cat on Windows 2000 Product CD-ROM
is needed.
> >>Type the path where the file is located, and then
click OK.
> >>Copy file from:
> >>GLOBALROOT\DEVICE\CDROM0\I386
is....
> >>Thanks Leo
>

>.

Anonymous
June 11, 2004 12:16:12 AM

Leo

Perform a repair again, and when it asks for Nt5inf.cat, point it to the
i386-folder that you copied to the hard disk.

Best regards

Bjorn

!