Repair Operation

Help!!!! My Server Crashed.

I got the message Inaccessable_boot_device so I ran a repair.

Now the server reboots to finish the repair and I get this message.

The file Nt5inf.cat on Windows 2000 Product CD-ROM is needed.

Type the path where the file is located, and then click OK.

Copy file from:

GLOBALROOT\DEVICE\CDROM0\I386

Where can point the setup to where the CDROm is....

Thanks Leo
4 answers Last reply
More about repair operation

    Leo

    This MS Knowledge Base article describes the problem:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=228852

    If your problem is software based, as it often is, you might be able to
    perform a parallel install, in order to copy the i386-folder to your hard
    disk. This article describes how:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266465

    This article describes how the CD-ROM problem might have happened:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=270008

    Best regards

    Bjorn

    Leo <Leo@noemail.noemail> wrote:

    >Help!!!! My Server Crashed.
    >
    >I got the message Inaccessable_boot_device so I ran a repair.
    >
    >Now the server reboots to finish the repair and I get this message.
    >
    >The file Nt5inf.cat on Windows 2000 Product CD-ROM is needed.
    >
    >Type the path where the file is located, and then click OK.
    >
    >Copy file from:
    >
    >GLOBALROOT\DEVICE\CDROM0\I386
    >

    >Where can point the setup to where the CDROm is....
    >
    >Thanks Leo

    Bjorn,

    There has to be a different solution. I cant get to the Hard Drive from a Win98 Boot Disk as this is a NTFS Raid Partition.

    The CDROM boots each and every time I put it in to boot from it???

    Leo

    ----- Bjorn Landemoo wrote: -----

    Leo

    This MS Knowledge Base article describes the problem:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=228852

    If your problem is software based, as it often is, you might be able to
    perform a parallel install, in order to copy the i386-folder to your hard
    disk. This article describes how:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=266465

    This article describes how the CD-ROM problem might have happened:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=270008

    Best regards

    Bjorn

    Leo <Leo@noemail.noemail> wrote:

    >Help!!!! My Server Crashed.
    >>I got the message Inaccessable_boot_device so I ran a repair.
    >>Now the server reboots to finish the repair and I get this message.
    >>The file Nt5inf.cat on Windows 2000 Product CD-ROM is needed.
    >>Type the path where the file is located, and then click OK.
    >>Copy file from:
    >>GLOBALROOT\DEVICE\CDROM0\I386
    >>>Where can point the setup to where the CDROm is....
    >>Thanks Leo

    >Bjorn,

    Ive installed the Repair Copy of Windows and Copied the
    I36 Directory over. I made floppy boot disks out of that
    copy. It is still asking for a CD Rom?????

    I tried to run the setup from the Install and it just
    resetup the repair version???

    How Do I run WINNT.EXE????

    Please help..

    Thanks, Leo

    http://landemoo.com/
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows Server Networking
    >
    > Leo <Leo@noemail.noemail> wrote:
    >
    > >Help!!!! My Server Crashed.
    > >>I got the message Inaccessable_boot_device so I
    ran a repair.
    > >>Now the server reboots to finish the repair and I
    get this message.
    > >>The file Nt5inf.cat on Windows 2000 Product CD-ROM
    is needed.
    > >>Type the path where the file is located, and then
    click OK.
    > >>Copy file from:
    > >>GLOBALROOT\DEVICE\CDROM0\I386
    is....
    > >>Thanks Leo
    >

    >.

    Leo

    Perform a repair again, and when it asks for Nt5inf.cat, point it to the
    i386-folder that you copied to the hard disk.

    Best regards

    Bjorn

Devices Servers Windows