Upgrading NT4 to Win2000

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Could someone let me know if it is possible to upgrade NT4 Server to Windows
2000 Server version without loosing any settings?
The volume contains a running MS SQL 7 Database Server.

Thanks in advance,

John

For the most part yes.

You can run X:\winnt32 /checkupgradeonly where X = your CD drive with the
Win 2k server CD inserted. This attempts to give you an idea where you may
have problems during an upgrade without actually installing anything.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"John" <zelnikj@zeta.org.au> wrote in message
> Could someone let me know if it is possible to upgrade NT4 Server to
Windows
> 2000 Server version without loosing any settings?
> The volume contains a running MS SQL 7 Database Server.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> John

john

Splendid