Right-click takes a long time and display

David

Greetings,

I was just trying to uncheck the options "Show icons using
all possible colours" and then clicked on apply. The icons
went fade but when I checkmarked that option again it did
not take effect. I restarted my computer but that didnt
help either.

Second is when I right-click on my desktop it takes ages
to bring up the menu. I have edited the registry
MenuShowDisplay from 400 to 5.

Any ideas is muchly appreciated.

regards
David

ezgman

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
David,
I had the same problem and I turned off the error reporting in the "service" section. This greatly improved my menu speed.

Here is a link to the menu delay if you don't know how to turn it off.

http://abcvideorequest.com/webpages/allvideos.html

Click the "misc program" and select the "Menu Delay" Video.

Type this into your run command "services.msc" without the ("). Then look for the windows error reporting and turn off and disable it.

Hope this helps
Garland