Streaming audio on Windows Media Player

May 26, 2005 4:05:21 PM

Has anyone had any luck playing Radio Paradise streaming audio on their
PocketPC using WMP 10?

I cannot get my player to work with that site, and hope Neil will unlock
the secrets of it:

http://www.radioparadise.com/

Thanks in advance!

Hog

PS: I have a cable connection with rock solid wi-fi access to it from home,
and the PPC is a Dell Axim X50v with WMP 10 and the latest (A03) operating
system release...
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 7:43:30 PM

Sorry cant help you - they do http streams (which real player can't
play) and the windows media player link just wants to send an .exe
file instead, so it's probably some sort of malware or virus website.

If it was me, I wouldn't go near it.

Cheers - Neil

On Thu, 26 May 2005 12:05:21 GMT, Hog <nowhere@nowhere.com> wrote:

>Has anyone had any luck playing Radio Paradise streaming audio on their
>PocketPC using WMP 10?
>
>I cannot get my player to work with that site, and hope Neil will unlock
>the secrets of it:
>
>http://www.radioparadise.com/
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Hog
>
>PS: I have a cable connection with rock solid wi-fi access to it from home,
>and the PPC is a Dell Axim X50v with WMP 10 and the latest (A03) operating
>system release...
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 8:48:46 PM

Thanks, Neil! As always, your advice is highly valued and welcomed!

Kind regards,

Hog

"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@nospam.com> wrote in

> Sorry cant help you - they do http streams (which real player can't
> play) and the windows media player link just wants to send an .exe
> file instead, so it's probably some sort of malware or virus website.
>
> If it was me, I wouldn't go near it.
>
> Cheers - Neil
>
> On Thu, 26 May 2005 12:05:21 GMT, Hog <nowhere@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>>Has anyone had any luck playing Radio Paradise streaming audio on
>>their PocketPC using WMP 10?
>>
>>I cannot get my player to work with that site, and hope Neil will
>>unlock the secrets of it:
>>
>>http://www.radioparadise.com/
>>
>>Thanks in advance!
>>
>>Hog
>>
>>PS: I have a cable connection with rock solid wi-fi access to it from
>>home, and the PPC is a Dell Axim X50v with WMP 10 and the latest (A03)
>>operating system release...

May 26, 2005 10:01:27 PM

Hog wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck playing Radio Paradise streaming audio on
> their PocketPC using WMP 10?
>
> I cannot get my player to work with that site, and hope Neil will
> unlock the secrets of it:
>
> http://www.radioparadise.com/

The mp3 streams are shoutcast streams, they play fine with GSPlayer
(http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA032810/), Pocket WMP can't play any of
those streams.

Tony
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 10:05:25 PM

It's not a virus, it's a distributed streaming client, something along the
lines of peercast by the sound of it, which they use for their WM stream. At
any rate, it won't run on a Pocket PC.

Tony

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media] wrote:
> Sorry cant help you - they do http streams (which real player can't
> play) and the windows media player link just wants to send an .exe
> file instead, so it's probably some sort of malware or virus website.
>
> If it was me, I wouldn't go near it.
>
> Cheers - Neil
>
> On Thu, 26 May 2005 12:05:21 GMT, Hog <nowhere@nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>> Has anyone had any luck playing Radio Paradise streaming audio on
>> their PocketPC using WMP 10?
>>
>> I cannot get my player to work with that site, and hope Neil will
>> unlock the secrets of it:
>>
>> http://www.radioparadise.com/
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Hog
>>
>> PS: I have a cable connection with rock solid wi-fi access to it
>> from home, and the PPC is a Dell Axim X50v with WMP 10 and the
>> latest (A03) operating system release...
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 10:05:26 PM

"Tony A." <what@where.why.com> wrote in message

> It's not a virus, it's a distributed streaming client

As far as you know...
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 2:59:02 AM

Thanks, Tony! I will install the GSPlayer and give it a go!

Hog

"Tony A." <what@where.why.com> wrote in news:X9ole.10$s25.9@newsfe1-
win.ntli.net:

> Hog wrote:
>> Has anyone had any luck playing Radio Paradise streaming audio on
>> their PocketPC using WMP 10?
>>
>> I cannot get my player to work with that site, and hope Neil will
>> unlock the secrets of it:
>>
>> http://www.radioparadise.com/
>>

> The mp3 streams are shoutcast streams, they play fine with GSPlayer
> (http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA032810/), Pocket WMP can't play any
of
> those streams.
>
> Tony

Anonymous
May 27, 2005 3:15:08 AM

"Tony A." <what@where.why.com> wrote in news:X9ole.10$s25.9@newsfe1-
win.ntli.net:

> Hog wrote:
>> Has anyone had any luck playing Radio Paradise streaming audio on
>> their PocketPC using WMP 10?
>>
>> I cannot get my player to work with that site, and hope Neil will
>> unlock the secrets of it:
>>
>> http://www.radioparadise.com/
>>

> The mp3 streams are shoutcast streams, they play fine with GSPlayer
> (http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA032810/), Pocket WMP can't play any
of
> those streams.
>
> Tony

Tony, you are exactly right... the GSPlayer is working flawlessly as I
type this... listening to Radio Paradise via wi-fi on my Axim at:

http://64.236.34.196:80/stream/2001

In 128Kbps 44khz stereo... nice!!

Thanks for the help!!

Hog
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 12:36:27 PM

Hog wrote:
[...]
> Tony, you are exactly right... the GSPlayer is working flawlessly as I
> type this... listening to Radio Paradise via wi-fi on my Axim at:
>
> http://64.236.34.196:80/stream/2001
>
> In 128Kbps 44khz stereo... nice!!

Good stuff. And if you get bored of Radio Paradise, head over to
www.shoutcast.com, you can play all the many stations there with GSPlayer
too.

Tony
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 4:43:07 PM

On Thu, 26 May 2005 18:01:27 GMT, "Tony A." <what@where.why.com>
wrote:

>Hog wrote:
>> Has anyone had any luck playing Radio Paradise streaming audio on
>> their PocketPC using WMP 10?
>>
>> I cannot get my player to work with that site, and hope Neil will
>> unlock the secrets of it:
>>
>> http://www.radioparadise.com/
>>

>The mp3 streams are shoutcast streams, they play fine with GSPlayer

Aha, good call Tony, didn't think of that ;-)

Cheers - Neil
!