As domain user - Can't turn off auto arrange on desktop - ..

March 13, 2005 12:00:50 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

The subject says it all:

If I log in as a domain user - not admin - I can set the icons wher I want,
and change the
background. When I log off and log in again theicons are all arranged on the
left side and
I have no background and default screen saver. What am I doing wrong ?

Bill
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 5:16:37 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 21:00:50 -0500, Bill Lampman wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage:

> The subject says it all:
>
> If I log in as a domain user - not admin - I can set the icons wher I want,
> and change the
> background. When I log off and log in again theicons are all arranged on the
> left side and
> I have no background and default screen saver. What am I doing wrong ?
>

> Bill

Probably nothing. It sounds like desktop and screensaver settings has
been forced by group policies on domain level. So you can change them
as many times as you like, and they will always revert back to the way
they were. It is probably 'talk to sys admin time' if you want to get
something done about it
--
jda^fx
!