Two servers in network

I have a Win2K Adv server, 4 win2kpro wkstations and a winxp pro wkstation.
I also have a Win2003 server machine that is currently NOT not in the
network.
I would like to:

1) Have both servers in the network.
2) Have all the wkstations able to log into either.
3) Have either server login into the other server (obviously when noone is
logged into them!)

When I try to configure the 2003 server to log into the 2000 server, I am
told the Administrator I use to connect doesn't have the rights. But the
Admin/pwd I am using is the one I use to login to the 2000 server itself and
it has full admin rights.

Any suggestions?

Are you using a domain model? If so, you can run dcpromo on the W2003 server
to make it an additional domain controller.