[PW!] [NS] [PW!MAX] Project update: 22 August 2004

Last response: in Video Games
August 22, 2004 5:58:31 AM

Yes, I have been working on this. Updates since last time (will be updated
on website):

* I have begun work on the Music Select screen -- a recreation of the RuSa
Pokedex menu screen. The big blue ball in the background doesn't spin once
per "click", as it does in the game, but it does spin perpetually.

* I had redesigned the wheel part of the Music Select screen. It looks
really cool... but it'll have to go to make way for the Songdex.

* The "Groove Radar" (rates a song based on 5 parameters) has been
re-redesigned. It now is a recreation of the RuSa PokeNav Condition Graph.
(I can't believe I didn't think of this before -- they ARE both pentagons,
after all.) The proportions aren't perfect -- the text is a bit too big and
the circles are a bit too small -- but it's passable.

* A temporary background has been added to all screens. It's a retouched,
slightly less blue version of the Fanart background on the PW! Pavilion.

* The Evaluation (letter grade) screen has been COMPLETELY retooled. It now
features a life graph (shows your progress during the song) and a completely
new layout.

* A recreation of the RuSa font has been started. When finished (I need a
lot of Japanese screenshots. Can you help me out, Beth?) it will be the
font used for the music scroll at the end of a game.

Upcoming improvements:

* Finish the Songdex! Figure out what will go where, and how to best
recreate the mechanics of the screen while keeping all the song information
I can.

* Come up with either new backgrounds or a better shared (temporary)
background.

* Work on those UBER animations for the first two screens. I'm planning on
recreating the opening for either RBG or the first episode of the anime (you
know, where THEY recreate the RBG opening). Somewhere in the middle.

* Figure out why the life graph on the Evaluation screen is going white on
me.

* Finish the RuSa menu font.

* Get announcerisms. See the other thread for that.

* Redesign untouched screens: high score, unlocks, demonstration, how to
play.

* Finish drawing of Robert to replace Present Trent as representative of
Heavy/Maniac.

--
Haights
Anonymous

"Newton Haights" <newhaights@aol.com> wrote in message

<snip>

Oh, I forgot an update.

* The header of the gameplay screen is inspired by the RuSa in-battle HUD.
The life bar even has the actual HP bar. There's also a place on the bar
where the game can display the current song's name, so the user and any
observers don't need to wait until the song's background shows up in a song
animation to figure out what song it is.
August 25, 2004 2:49:09 AM

"Newton Haights" <newhaights@aol.com> wrote in message

> * A recreation of the RuSa font has been started. When finished (I need a
> lot of Japanese screenshots. Can you help me out, Beth?) it will be the
> font used for the music scroll at the end of a game.

Haights, what exactly are you looking for in the way of screenshots? I'd be
happy to send you screens from Ru/Sa, F/L, or Colosseum; but they'll be
digital photos of the same quality as the pictures on my website
(http://www.geocities.com/bandraptor/trade.html ,
http://www.geocities.com/bandraptor/pokeblocks.html). If you need your
screenshots to be clearer than those, your best bet is to use an emulator.

--Beth
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 7:08:38 PM

"Bandraptor" <bandraptor@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Newton Haights" <newhaights@aol.com> wrote in message
>
> > * A recreation of the RuSa font has been started. When finished (I need
> > lot of Japanese screenshots. Can you help me out, Beth?) it will be the
> > font used for the music scroll at the end of a game.
>

> Haights, what exactly are you looking for in the way of screenshots? I'd
be
> happy to send you screens from Ru/Sa, F/L, or Colosseum; but they'll be
> digital photos of the same quality as the pictures on my website
> (http://www.geocities.com/bandraptor/trade.html ,
> http://www.geocities.com/bandraptor/pokeblocks.html). If you need your
> screenshots to be clearer than those, your best bet is to use an emulator.

Those should work. I'd use an emulator, but (a) I haven't found any luck
finding a rom in ENGLISH, (b) never mind Japanese. I just need to see how
they render the kana.
!