can't communicate - I messed up

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

If I had a RAS connection to get to my office PC with a modem and a LAN
connection for my normal DSL internet access, where would I see which of
these connections would be used by internet explorer as a default? I messed
up a setting somewhere. Now I can't get to the internet on my dsl
connection. I get this message:

No connection to the internet is currently available. To view internet
content that has been saved on you computer, click Work Offlline. Click Try
Again to attempt to connect.

The DSL modem works fine on another pc and when plugged into the problem pc
I can even see the modem.

I'm really stumped.
1 answer Last reply
More about communicate messed
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking,microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

    Assuming it is IE.

    Tools Menu --> Internet Options-->Connections-->Select "Never Dial a
    Connection". Also remove any "rogue" Dialup connections listed there.

    If that doesn't work run the Internet Connection Wizard and tell it that you
    are connecting via a LAN. There will be several questions (seemingly
    redundant) where "LAN" will be the answer.

    --

    Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
    www.wandtv.com

    "Amy" <ab@mdahospital.com> wrote in message
    > If I had a RAS connection to get to my office PC with a modem and a LAN
    > connection for my normal DSL internet access, where would I see which of
    > these connections would be used by internet explorer as a default? I
    messed
    > up a setting somewhere. Now I can't get to the internet on my dsl
    > connection. I get this message:
    >
    > No connection to the internet is currently available. To view internet
    > content that has been saved on you computer, click Work Offlline. Click
    Try
    > Again to attempt to connect.
    >
    > The DSL modem works fine on another pc and when plugged into the problem
    pc
    > I can even see the modem.
    >
    > I'm really stumped.

Connection Microsoft Windows