"Use an administrator account to install the application."

"Use an administrator account to install the application." This instruction
is for installing CutePDF Writer.
http://www.cutepdf.com/Support/faq.asp#Writer

I am the owner and sole user of my Win XP computer. How do know what kind
of account I am using, and how do I change, if necessary, to an
administrator account?

Thanks,

Jack Crane

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Either:

Go to 'Control Panel' 'User Accounts' or,

Right Click 'My Computer' then choose 'Manage'
Look to the 'Users and Groups' container on the Left.

Or, go 'Ctrl-Alt-Del' twice from the Default XP Logon Screen - you know, the
one with the pictures, and log on as Administrator - with a blank password
if you don't have one.
Then, go to Control Panel, User Accounts - give the admin a password and
then see who's who!

Does that help?

--
"How hard can it be?"

"Michael" <12345@home.com> wrote in news:ed40x#6JFHA.4056
@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl:

> Go to 'Control Panel' 'User Accounts'

Ha! Turns out I'm the "Computer Administrator" and there are no "Guest
Accounts"

Thanks very much,

Jack