"Use an administrator account to install the application."

"Use an administrator account to install the application." This instruction
is for installing CutePDF Writer.
http://www.cutepdf.com/Support/faq.asp#Writer

I am the owner and sole user of my Win XP computer. How do know what kind
of account I am using, and how do I change, if necessary, to an
administrator account?

Thanks,

Jack Crane
2 answers Last reply
More about administrator account install application

    Either:

    Go to 'Control Panel' 'User Accounts' or,

    Right Click 'My Computer' then choose 'Manage'
    Look to the 'Users and Groups' container on the Left.

    Or, go 'Ctrl-Alt-Del' twice from the Default XP Logon Screen - you know, the
    one with the pictures, and log on as Administrator - with a blank password
    if you don't have one.
    Then, go to Control Panel, User Accounts - give the admin a password and
    then see who's who!

    Does that help?

    --
    "How hard can it be?"

    "Michael" <12345@home.com> wrote in news:ed40x#6JFHA.4056
    @TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl:

    > Go to 'Control Panel' 'User Accounts'

    Ha! Turns out I'm the "Computer Administrator" and there are no "Guest
    Accounts"

    Thanks very much,

    Jack

Computers Microsoft Windows XP