Windows 2000 boot disks

I am trying to re-install windows 2000 but I keep getting
an error that "TXTSETUP.SIF is corrupt or missing". I
tried creating a new set of boot diskettes but I keep
getting the same error. I have checked the floppy
diskette and it does have the file "TXTSETUP.SIF".

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

ajweiss@prodigy.net

Try booting the CD-Rom. To do a clean install, either boot the Windows 2000
install CD-Rom or setup disks. The set of four install disks can be created
from your Windows 2000 CD-Rom; change to the \bootdisk directory on the
CD-Rom and execute makeboot.exe (from dos) or makebt32.exe (from 32 bit) and
follow the prompts.

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

AJ Weiss wrote:
> I am trying to re-install windows 2000 but I keep getting
> an error that "TXTSETUP.SIF is corrupt or missing". I
> tried creating a new set of boot diskettes but I keep
> getting the same error. I have checked the floppy
> diskette and it does have the file "TXTSETUP.SIF".
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> ajweiss@prodigy.net

Tried different floppies? corruption in floppies are a COMMON thing,
sorry to say.

the TXTSETUP.SIF is normally used for an unattended install (/U option).
Try setup without paramaters.