I haven't played Ruby for a while, but I was wondering where the best
levelling up area is. I used to redo the elite four many times in Silver and
Crystal, but are there any new areas in Ruby which might make levelling up
faster?

I could also ask this for Colosseum. Would it just be battle tower or
something?
TIA

--

The End.

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004, Chriz wrote:
> I haven't played Ruby for a while, but I was wondering where the best
> levelling up area is. I used to redo the elite four many times in Silver
> and Crystal, but are there any new areas in Ruby which might make
> levelling up faster?

The Sky Pillar, probably, since it's the equivalent of Mewtwo's lair in
R/B/Y... Wilds there are around level 50, I hear.

Chriz wrote:
> I haven't played Ruby for a while, but I was wondering where the best
> levelling up area is. I used to redo the elite four many times in Silver and
> Crystal, but are there any new areas in Ruby which might make levelling up
> faster?

I'd recommend sticking with the Elite Five. The Pokemon are roughly the
same level, plus you get the 50% trainer experience bonus, plus you get
lots of money.

also you can now reset before the credits roll

> I could also ask this for Colosseum. Would it just be battle tower or
> something?

Depends on what your needs are. The Deep Colosseum has somewhat higher
levels than the top area of Mt. Battle, but Mt. Battle gives coupons.

-- White Cat
http://pokedex.kary.ca/

"White Cat" <white_cat59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> also you can now reset before the credits roll

....you mean I've been wasting time all this while by holding down the "B"
button to get through the credits "faster"???

*huge al gore sigh*

Anyway, I've been using the Elite Five for training for a loooong time in my
Ruby game. I have a routine where I basically ride from my bike from the
starting town through to Lilycove (taking some shortcuts like the Surfing
shortcut to Slateport and) and battling any trainers who ask for rematches,
Fly to Ever Grande City and see if Wally wants to battle again, and then
face the Elite Five. Lather, rinse, repeat, and skip the credits if you
remember. :p

--
-- Pokemon Trainer Mike in shortened form.

Member of the BBB Junior Strike Force
Defending the world from the evils of Voltorb and Electrode.
Full BBB Member Application forever lost in AGNP's space-time continuum

Neopet Owner (To sign up for Neopets, go to
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=michaelruss)
Vice President in the Pokimon Temple Guild
(http://www.neopets.com/guilds/guild.phtml?oid=mantine)

I have:

1 I Love Mango's Point
5 AGNP (Andy Gives Nice Points) Points
5 Binary Poster Points
10 Jax Points
15 Y2Tech Points
20 Points Just For The Sake Of Having Points Points.
25 WAM Points
85 BBB Points
10000 Pikachuumon Points

150 Pokemon in my Blue version...
150 Pokemon in my Yellow version...
249 Pokemon in my Silver version...
249 Pokemon in my Gold version...
249 Pokemon in my Crystal version...
90 Pokemon in my Ruby version...

"Pokemon Trainer Mike" <nogood@bogus.com> wrote in message
> > also you can now reset before the credits roll
>
> ...you mean I've been wasting time all this while by holding down the "B"
> button to get through the credits "faster"???

Wasting? No. If you watch them a hundred times and talk to Professor Birch
while he's on Route 101, he'll give you a ticket to Johto.

> Anyway, I've been using the Elite Five for training for a loooong time in
my
> Ruby game. I have a routine where I basically ride from my bike from the
> starting town through to Lilycove (taking some shortcuts like the Surfing
> shortcut to Slateport and) and battling any trainers who ask for
rematches,
> Fly to Ever Grande City and see if Wally wants to battle again, and then
> face the Elite Five. Lather, rinse, repeat, and skip the credits if you
> remember. :p

Pretty much my tactics, only my Elite beaters are on holiday in Orre, so my
reserves are costing me in Revives.

--
Steffan

"Steffan Alun" <sha3@aber.ac.uk> wrote in message
> "Pokemon Trainer Mike" <nogood@bogus.com> wrote in message
> > ...you mean I've been wasting time all this while by holding down the
"B"
> > button to get through the credits "faster"???
>
> Wasting? No. If you watch them a hundred times and talk to Professor
Birch
> while he's on Route 101, he'll give you a ticket to Johto.

Hmm. Is that before or after he gives you the keys to the Mew truck?

> > Anyway, I've been using the Elite Five for training for a loooong time
in
> my
> > Ruby game. I have a routine where I basically ride from my bike from
the
> > starting town through to Lilycove (taking some shortcuts like the
Surfing
> > shortcut to Slateport and) and battling any trainers who ask for
> rematches,
> > Fly to Ever Grande City and see if Wally wants to battle again, and then
> > face the Elite Five. Lather, rinse, repeat, and skip the credits if you
> > remember. :p
>
> Pretty much my tactics, only my Elite beaters are on holiday in Orre, so
my
> reserves are costing me in Revives.

....er, what's Orre? I'm probably not up enough on the latest shortened names
with all the new Gamecube Pokemonish games. *doesn't have gamecube*

--

Pokemon Trainer Mike wrote:

> ...er, what's Orre? I'm probably not up enough on the latest shortened names
> with all the new Gamecube Pokemonish games. *doesn't have gamecube*

Orre is the region Pokemon Colosseum takes place in. Its a wasteland
with no wild Pokemon, so the only way to get new ones are to steal them
from other trainers. I assume there are more legal channels, but none
of them are available to players.

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon