Question on how to lock computer in XP PRO

I don't know the Newsgroup for XP Pro so ask this question here..

When I press CTRL+ALT+DEL, I only get the Task Manager to come up..I would
like to get the same screen option as in Win2000, which allow me to choose
Task manager, lock the screen, shutdown and so on..How do I get this feature
in XP PRO? Thanks!

XP groups are windowsxp instead of win2000.

Anyway, to quickly lock a workstation you can press Win+L. To return the
Ctrl+Alt+Del standard behavior you should disable the Welcome screen.

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=281980
Using CTRL+ALT+DEL Key Combination to Open Windows Security Opens Task
Manager

Thanks guyz...It work!

"Jetro" <jetro@internet.net> wrote in message
> XP groups are windowsxp instead of win2000.
>
> Anyway, to quickly lock a workstation you can press Win+L. To return the
> Ctrl+Alt+Del standard behavior you should disable the Welcome screen.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=281980
> Using CTRL+ALT+DEL Key Combination to Open Windows Security Opens Task
> Manager

dl

MS.public.windowsxp.general / .hardware / help_and_support
Just search for xp in express newsgroups on the MS server, there's about 27,
in English

"J L" <mm781@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I don't know the Newsgroup for XP Pro so ask this question here..
>
> When I press CTRL+ALT+DEL, I only get the Task Manager to come up..I would
> like to get the same screen option as in Win2000, which allow me to choose
> Task manager, lock the screen, shutdown and so on..How do I get this
feature
> in XP PRO? Thanks!

Greetings --

There at least 4 ways to lock a WinXP (Home or Pro) workstation:

1) Use the Windows Key + L hotkey.

2) You can press CTRL+ALT+DEL and then <ENTER>, once you've turned
off the Welcome Screen and Fast User Switching. (This is the default
in a domain environment, as FUS is contrary to the domain security
paradigm.)

3) You can create a desktop shortcut with
"%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkStation" in the
target field. (It is case-sensitive, BTW.) You can then assign a
keyboard shortcut.

4) Set a password protected screensaver, and wait the allotted time
without touching the mouse or keyboard.

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you: