Which 8800 GTS to get?

timehopper

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
I need to get myself a card for my new pc and i'd like to get an 8800 GTS 640 MB, but i'm not sure which one to get. I know that eVGA and BFG are respectable card manufacturers, so i was looking at their cards. PNY also looks pretty good judging from Newegg reviews. So which one should i select eVGA, BFG or PNY?

sarsoft

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
What ever you pick will be fine. I personaly perfer eVGA - lifetime warranty even when you oc, step up program.

My choice prefrence.
1.eVGA
2.BFG
3.XFX

timehopper

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2007
Thanks, I appreciate the suggestions. I read a review at techreport which said that BFG also offers lifetime warranty, but i think its more expensive than the others, so i'll probably pick up a eVGA.

petevsdrm

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2007
Thanks, I appreciate the suggestions. I read a review at techreport which said that BFG also offers lifetime warranty, but i think its more expensive than the others, so i'll probably pick up a eVGA.

You have chosen....wisely :p

/indiana jones

slashzapper

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
Pick the EVGA !!! :D Why very simple cause i have that one :lol:

Follow me and we will form a new world of EVGA :lol:

No but seriously get the EVGA super clocked version .

Read the review over here http://firingsquad.com/hardware/evga_e-geforce_8800_gts_superclocked_320mb/

:D

fate0n3

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2006
Yea i agree with the others i would def go with the EVGA. There cards are just as high quality as BFG and offer all the same performance but at a little less cost. But add onto that a Lifetime warrenty and a limited step-up program to give you the option of upgrading to a GTX or even a 8900 series if they are out in time.

Fungalberry

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
What is the difference between a warrenty for parts and for labor? Doesn't really make sense to me. They both go into making it...

Manufacturer Warranty
Parts 3 years
Labor Lifetime

I purchased a Foxconn OC 8800GTS when it was on sale and this is the warrenty they gave me. It probably would have been better to get another brand, in retrospect, but whatever. There's really not that much of a difference. :)