fire red vs. leaf green

Just wondering which of the two everyone thinks is 'better', and why. I know
which pokemon are in each game, although I did see conflicting FAQs about
Pinsir/Scyther. Which games are they in?

Also, who is everyone's starter going to be come next week? :)

--
John Salerno
18 answers Last reply

    John Salerno wrote:

    > Just wondering which of the two everyone thinks is 'better', and why. I know
    > which pokemon are in each game, although I did see conflicting FAQs about
    > Pinsir/Scyther. Which games are they in?

    I think Leaf Green has more "exclusive" pokemon, but other than that I
    wouldn't know which is better. They are more or less the exact same
    game and I'm not much of a stat freak.

    > Also, who is everyone's starter going to be come next week? :)

    Well, back in RBY I started with Squirtle and might've played through a
    second time with Charmander. I can't really tell anymore since my Red
    cart has all three starters thanks to my Pokemon Stadium game. I
    started with Cyndaquil in Silver and Treecko in Sapphire, so I've
    officially used all three starter types. I caught Croconaw in
    Colosseum, but that may not count in my decision making since its
    technically not a starter in that game and you can catch the other two
    later.

    Anyway, I think I'll be going into Leaf Green with a Bulbasaur. That
    is, unless I can figure a way to transfer a Pokemon over from Sapphire
    or Colosseum early enough in the game...

    --

    Chet "Tech" Weaver

    AIM: PanGatomon
    MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
    eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
    Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
    ICQ: 122744531

    My Adventure Quest character:

    "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
    > Just wondering which of the two everyone thinks is 'better', and why. I
    > know
    > which pokemon are in each game, although I did see conflicting FAQs about
    > Pinsir/Scyther. Which games are they in?
    >
    > Also, who is everyone's starter going to be come next week? :)

    I am torn on the starter...but leaning toward Squirtle. I was so sure I was
    going to go with Charmander but now, I just don't know.

    John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote:
    > Just wondering which of the two everyone thinks is 'better', and why.
    > I know which pokemon are in each game, although I did see conflicting
    > FAQs about Pinsir/Scyther. Which games are they in?
    >
    > Also, who is everyone's starter going to be come next week? :)

    Version: Red. As stated in a prior thread, I love Grass-types to death, but
    my VERY FIRST Pokemon game was Red, so I'll be going with that.
    So, obviously, my starter is going to be Bulbasaur, who (if memory serves)
    evolves to Tulipmon, since we all know that Venus Fly Traps spread by
    pollen, not bulbs.

    IIRC, Scyther is in Red, Pinsir is in Blue. I assume that is approximated in
    FR/LG.

    --
    -----------
    Deep Thought

    "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
    > Just wondering which of the two everyone thinks is 'better', and why. I
    know
    > which pokemon are in each game, although I did see conflicting FAQs about
    > Pinsir/Scyther. Which games are they in?
    >
    > Also, who is everyone's starter going to be come next week? :)
    >
    > --
    > John Salerno

    i shall get both to swop to have all three starters on each game.

    I think I'm going with Leaf Green and Bulbasaur. I chose Cyndaquil and
    Torchic as my starters for the others, so I want to try something different
    than fire. I was thinking Squirtle for a while, but i almost never use grass
    pokemon, so Bulbasaur might be fun. Besides, I hear he's pretty tough
    anyway. :)

    P.S. Any word on Pinsir/Scyther?

    "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
    > Just wondering which of the two everyone thinks is 'better', and why. I
    know
    > which pokemon are in each game, although I did see conflicting FAQs about
    > Pinsir/Scyther. Which games are they in?
    >
    > Also, who is everyone's starter going to be come next week? :)
    >
    > --
    > John Salerno

    Once upon a time mewthree decided to write:

    > "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
    >> Just wondering which of the two everyone thinks is 'better', and
    >> why. I know which pokemon are in each game, although I did see
    >> conflicting FAQs about Pinsir/Scyther. Which games are they in?
    >>
    >> Also, who is everyone's starter going to be come next week? :)
    >>
    >> --
    >> John Salerno
    >>

    > i shall get both to swop to have all three starters on each game.

    If you can get to do that, with all three starters, you'll have a solid
    team.

    --

    The End.

    Chriz <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > If you can get to do that, with all three starters, you'll have a
    > solid team.

    As long as they all get exp... he'd plow through the first gym leaders like
    THAT.

    --
    -----------
    Deep Thought

    John Salerno wrote:

    > P.S. Any word on Pinsir/Scyther?

    I've very certain it's Scyther in Fire, Pinsir in Leaf. That's what
    Serebii.net says, and that's how it was in Red/Blue. Where did you see
    it reversed?

    -- White Cat
    http://pokedex.kary.ca/
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "White Cat" <white_cat59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > John Salerno wrote:
    >>
    >> P.S. Any word on Pinsir/Scyther?
    >
    > I've very certain it's Scyther in Fire, Pinsir in Leaf. That's what
    > Serebii.net says, and that's how it was in Red/Blue. Where did you see it
    > reversed?

    You're probably right. I'm sure it was just a mistake. I saw it here:
    http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/pokemon_frlg_c.txt:
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    > I think I'm going with Leaf Green and Bulbasaur. I chose Cyndaquil and
    > Torchic as my starters for the others, so I want to try something different
    > than fire. I was thinking Squirtle for a while, but i almost never use grass
    > pokemon, so Bulbasaur might be fun. Besides, I hear he's pretty tough
    > anyway. :)

    I'll be going for fire red and scizor. Aggrons are good, but a bit slow
    for my liking.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "luneric" <luneric@dontrit> wrote in message news:4135891c_1@127.0.0.1...

    >> I think I'm going with Leaf Green and Bulbasaur. I chose Cyndaquil and
    >> Torchic as my starters for the others, so I want to try something
    >> different
    >> than fire. I was thinking Squirtle for a while, but i almost never use
    >> grass
    >> pokemon, so Bulbasaur might be fun. Besides, I hear he's pretty tough
    >> anyway. :)
    >
    > I'll be going for fire red and scizor. Aggrons are good, but a bit slow
    > for my liking.

    When I had Crystal, I really liked Scyther. But I don't think I want to
    choose my game based on just him. I used him mainly for False Swipe, and I'm
    sure I can get that onto another one. I just thought he looked really cool.
    Apparently, Pinsir is better anyway. That's how they are ranked in the FAQs,
    at least.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    John Salerno wrote:

    > Just wondering which of the two everyone thinks is 'better', and why. I know
    > which pokemon are in each game, although I did see conflicting FAQs about
    > Pinsir/Scyther. Which games are they in?
    >
    > Also, who is everyone's starter going to be come next week? :)

    Back in Red/Blue days. I started with a Charmander on Red and a Squirtle on
    Blue
    Gold was Cyndaquil, Silver was Totodile, Crystal was Chikorita
    Ruby Torchic/Sapphire Mudkip

    I think it's obviuos what I'm going to do. Of course, I am going to do my best
    to get a pair of squirtles and have one on each cart
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Disruptor wrote:
    > John Salerno wrote:
    >
    >> Just wondering which of the two everyone thinks is 'better', and
    >> why. I know which pokemon are in each game, although I did see
    >> conflicting FAQs about Pinsir/Scyther. Which games are they in?
    >>
    >> Also, who is everyone's starter going to be come next week? :)
    >
    > Back in Red/Blue days. I started with a Charmander on Red and a
    > Squirtle on Blue
    > Gold was Cyndaquil, Silver was Totodile, Crystal was Chikorita
    > Ruby Torchic/Sapphire Mudkip
    >
    > I think it's obviuos what I'm going to do. Of course, I am going to
    > do my best to get a pair of squirtles and have one on each cart

    Which of the two games are you getting this week?
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    John Salerno wrote:

    > Disruptor wrote:
    > > John Salerno wrote:
    > >
    > >> Just wondering which of the two everyone thinks is 'better', and
    > >> why. I know which pokemon are in each game, although I did see
    > >> conflicting FAQs about Pinsir/Scyther. Which games are they in?
    > >>
    > >> Also, who is everyone's starter going to be come next week? :)
    > >
    > > Back in Red/Blue days. I started with a Charmander on Red and a
    > > Squirtle on Blue
    > > Gold was Cyndaquil, Silver was Totodile, Crystal was Chikorita
    > > Ruby Torchic/Sapphire Mudkip
    > >
    > > I think it's obviuos what I'm going to do. Of course, I am going to
    > > do my best to get a pair of squirtles and have one on each cart
    >
    > Which of the two games are you getting this week?

    I'm getting them both at the same time.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Disruptor wrote:
    > John Salerno wrote:
    >
    >> have one on each cart
    >>
    >> Which of the two games are you getting this week?
    >
    > I'm getting them both at the same time.

    Duh, I guess I secretly knew that, but was being dense! :)

    Anyway, I wish we could trade over the internet, that'd be sweet.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    John Salerno wrote:

    > Anyway, I wish we could trade over the internet, that'd be sweet.

    Well, if two people both have an ActionReplay backup thingy, they can
    e-mail their saves files to each other and upload them to their own
    cartridges.

    -- White Cat
    http://pokedex.kary.ca/
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    White Cat wrote:
    > John Salerno wrote:
    >>
    >> Anyway, I wish we could trade over the internet, that'd be sweet.
    >
    > Well, if two people both have an ActionReplay backup thingy, they can
    > e-mail their saves files to each other and upload them to their own
    > cartridges.
    >
    > -- White Cat
    > http://pokedex.kary.ca/

    But wouldn't you lose your own saved game? Unless you didn't save, but that
    doesn't seem to be helpful. Why did they make it so we can only have one
    save file?
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    John Salerno wrote:
    > White Cat wrote:
    >
    > > Well, if two people both have an ActionReplay backup thingy, they can
    > > e-mail their saves files to each other and upload them to their own
    > > cartridges.
    >
    > But wouldn't you lose your own saved game? Unless you didn't save, but that
    > doesn't seem to be helpful. Why did they make it so we can only have one
    > save file?

    You'd need to have both Fire and Leaf (or Ruby and Sapphire, or
    whatever). Backup your Leaf game, load the other guy's save file into
    Leaf, trade the Pokemon you want to Fire, then reload your Leaf save file.

    -- White Cat
    http://pokedex.kary.ca/

Games Green Nintendo Video Games