fire red vs. leaf green

Just wondering which of the two everyone thinks is 'better', and why. I know
which pokemon are in each game, although I did see conflicting FAQs about
Pinsir/Scyther. Which games are they in?

Also, who is everyone's starter going to be come next week? :)

--
John Salerno

John Salerno wrote:

> Just wondering which of the two everyone thinks is 'better', and why. I know
> which pokemon are in each game, although I did see conflicting FAQs about
> Pinsir/Scyther. Which games are they in?

I think Leaf Green has more "exclusive" pokemon, but other than that I
wouldn't know which is better. They are more or less the exact same
game and I'm not much of a stat freak.

> Also, who is everyone's starter going to be come next week? :)

Well, back in RBY I started with Squirtle and might've played through a
second time with Charmander. I can't really tell anymore since my Red
cart has all three starters thanks to my Pokemon Stadium game. I
started with Cyndaquil in Silver and Treecko in Sapphire, so I've
officially used all three starter types. I caught Croconaw in
Colosseum, but that may not count in my decision making since its
technically not a starter in that game and you can catch the other two
later.

Anyway, I think I'll be going into Leaf Green with a Bulbasaur. That
is, unless I can figure a way to transfer a Pokemon over from Sapphire
or Colosseum early enough in the game...

--

Chet "Tech" Weaver

AIM: PanGatomon
MSN: Nichirasu@hotmail.com
eMail: zeroohki at netscape dot net
Yahoo! Messenger: tech_weaver
ICQ: 122744531

My Adventure Quest character:

"John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
> Just wondering which of the two everyone thinks is 'better', and why. I
> know
> which pokemon are in each game, although I did see conflicting FAQs about
> Pinsir/Scyther. Which games are they in?
>
> Also, who is everyone's starter going to be come next week? :)

I am torn on the starter...but leaning toward Squirtle. I was so sure I was
going to go with Charmander but now, I just don't know.

John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote:
> Just wondering which of the two everyone thinks is 'better', and why.
> I know which pokemon are in each game, although I did see conflicting
> FAQs about Pinsir/Scyther. Which games are they in?
>
> Also, who is everyone's starter going to be come next week? :)

Version: Red. As stated in a prior thread, I love Grass-types to death, but
my VERY FIRST Pokemon game was Red, so I'll be going with that.
So, obviously, my starter is going to be Bulbasaur, who (if memory serves)
evolves to Tulipmon, since we all know that Venus Fly Traps spread by
pollen, not bulbs.

IIRC, Scyther is in Red, Pinsir is in Blue. I assume that is approximated in
FR/LG.

--
-----------
Deep Thought

"John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
> Just wondering which of the two everyone thinks is 'better', and why. I
know
> which pokemon are in each game, although I did see conflicting FAQs about
> Pinsir/Scyther. Which games are they in?
>
> Also, who is everyone's starter going to be come next week? :)
>
> --
> John Salerno

i shall get both to swop to have all three starters on each game.

I think I'm going with Leaf Green and Bulbasaur. I chose Cyndaquil and
Torchic as my starters for the others, so I want to try something different
than fire. I was thinking Squirtle for a while, but i almost never use grass
pokemon, so Bulbasaur might be fun. Besides, I hear he's pretty tough
anyway. :)

P.S. Any word on Pinsir/Scyther?

"John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
> Just wondering which of the two everyone thinks is 'better', and why. I
know
> which pokemon are in each game, although I did see conflicting FAQs about
> Pinsir/Scyther. Which games are they in?
>
> Also, who is everyone's starter going to be come next week? :)
>
> --
> John Salerno

Once upon a time mewthree decided to write:

> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
>> Just wondering which of the two everyone thinks is 'better', and
>> why. I know which pokemon are in each game, although I did see
>> conflicting FAQs about Pinsir/Scyther. Which games are they in?
>>
>> Also, who is everyone's starter going to be come next week? :)
>>
>> --
>> John Salerno
>>

> i shall get both to swop to have all three starters on each game.

If you can get to do that, with all three starters, you'll have a solid
team.

--

The End.

Chriz <chrizizhere@hotmail.com> wrote:

> If you can get to do that, with all three starters, you'll have a
> solid team.

As long as they all get exp... he'd plow through the first gym leaders like
THAT.

--
-----------
Deep Thought

John Salerno wrote:

> P.S. Any word on Pinsir/Scyther?

I've very certain it's Scyther in Fire, Pinsir in Leaf. That's what
Serebii.net says, and that's how it was in Red/Blue. Where did you see
it reversed?

-- White Cat
http://pokedex.kary.ca/

"White Cat" <white_cat59@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> John Salerno wrote:
>>
>> P.S. Any word on Pinsir/Scyther?
>
> I've very certain it's Scyther in Fire, Pinsir in Leaf. That's what
> Serebii.net says, and that's how it was in Red/Blue. Where did you see it
> reversed?

You're probably right. I'm sure it was just a mistake. I saw it here:
http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/pokemon_frlg_c.txt:

> I think I'm going with Leaf Green and Bulbasaur. I chose Cyndaquil and
> Torchic as my starters for the others, so I want to try something different
> than fire. I was thinking Squirtle for a while, but i almost never use grass
> pokemon, so Bulbasaur might be fun. Besides, I hear he's pretty tough
> anyway. :)

I'll be going for fire red and scizor. Aggrons are good, but a bit slow
for my liking.

"luneric" <luneric@dontrit> wrote in message news:4135891c_1@127.0.0.1...

>> I think I'm going with Leaf Green and Bulbasaur. I chose Cyndaquil and
>> Torchic as my starters for the others, so I want to try something
>> different
>> than fire. I was thinking Squirtle for a while, but i almost never use
>> grass
>> pokemon, so Bulbasaur might be fun. Besides, I hear he's pretty tough
>> anyway. :)
>
> I'll be going for fire red and scizor. Aggrons are good, but a bit slow
> for my liking.

When I had Crystal, I really liked Scyther. But I don't think I want to
choose my game based on just him. I used him mainly for False Swipe, and I'm
sure I can get that onto another one. I just thought he looked really cool.
Apparently, Pinsir is better anyway. That's how they are ranked in the FAQs,
at least.

John Salerno wrote:

> Just wondering which of the two everyone thinks is 'better', and why. I know
> which pokemon are in each game, although I did see conflicting FAQs about
> Pinsir/Scyther. Which games are they in?
>
> Also, who is everyone's starter going to be come next week? :)

Back in Red/Blue days. I started with a Charmander on Red and a Squirtle on
Blue
Gold was Cyndaquil, Silver was Totodile, Crystal was Chikorita
Ruby Torchic/Sapphire Mudkip

I think it's obviuos what I'm going to do. Of course, I am going to do my best
to get a pair of squirtles and have one on each cart

Disruptor wrote:
> John Salerno wrote:
>
>> Just wondering which of the two everyone thinks is 'better', and
>> why. I know which pokemon are in each game, although I did see
>> conflicting FAQs about Pinsir/Scyther. Which games are they in?
>>
>> Also, who is everyone's starter going to be come next week? :)
>
> Back in Red/Blue days. I started with a Charmander on Red and a
> Squirtle on Blue
> Gold was Cyndaquil, Silver was Totodile, Crystal was Chikorita
> Ruby Torchic/Sapphire Mudkip
>
> I think it's obviuos what I'm going to do. Of course, I am going to
> do my best to get a pair of squirtles and have one on each cart

Which of the two games are you getting this week?

John Salerno wrote:

> Disruptor wrote:
> > John Salerno wrote:
> >
> >> Just wondering which of the two everyone thinks is 'better', and
> >> why. I know which pokemon are in each game, although I did see
> >> conflicting FAQs about Pinsir/Scyther. Which games are they in?
> >>
> >> Also, who is everyone's starter going to be come next week? :)
> >
> > Back in Red/Blue days. I started with a Charmander on Red and a
> > Squirtle on Blue
> > Gold was Cyndaquil, Silver was Totodile, Crystal was Chikorita
> > Ruby Torchic/Sapphire Mudkip
> >
> > I think it's obviuos what I'm going to do. Of course, I am going to
> > do my best to get a pair of squirtles and have one on each cart
>
> Which of the two games are you getting this week?

I'm getting them both at the same time.

Disruptor wrote:
> John Salerno wrote:
>
>> have one on each cart
>>
>> Which of the two games are you getting this week?
>
> I'm getting them both at the same time.

Duh, I guess I secretly knew that, but was being dense! :)

Anyway, I wish we could trade over the internet, that'd be sweet.

John Salerno wrote:

> Anyway, I wish we could trade over the internet, that'd be sweet.

Well, if two people both have an ActionReplay backup thingy, they can
e-mail their saves files to each other and upload them to their own
cartridges.

-- White Cat
http://pokedex.kary.ca/

White Cat wrote:
> John Salerno wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, I wish we could trade over the internet, that'd be sweet.
>
> Well, if two people both have an ActionReplay backup thingy, they can
> e-mail their saves files to each other and upload them to their own
> cartridges.
>
> -- White Cat
> http://pokedex.kary.ca/

But wouldn't you lose your own saved game? Unless you didn't save, but that
doesn't seem to be helpful. Why did they make it so we can only have one
save file?

John Salerno wrote:
> White Cat wrote:
>
> > Well, if two people both have an ActionReplay backup thingy, they can
> > e-mail their saves files to each other and upload them to their own
> > cartridges.
>
> But wouldn't you lose your own saved game? Unless you didn't save, but that
> doesn't seem to be helpful. Why did they make it so we can only have one
> save file?

You'd need to have both Fire and Leaf (or Ruby and Sapphire, or
whatever). Backup your Leaf game, load the other guy's save file into
Leaf, trade the Pokemon you want to Fire, then reload your Leaf save file.

-- White Cat
http://pokedex.kary.ca/