Found an Error in KB 190355 -- How Can I Report This

I found an error in KB 190355 entitled "How to Re-create the Show Desktop Icon on Quick Launch Toolbar" ( see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;190355 ). However, when I attempt to "provide feedback" for that page, I get a screen that says "Sorry, the page you requested is not available". (I thought my message might be greater than 255 characters, but it's not.)

The error is as follows: KB 190355 -- Step 5 specifies an incorrect location for the shortcut (at least for Windows 2000). The shortcut should be created in C:\Documents and Settings\<YOURNAME>\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Step 5 in the current KB article incorrectly states that the shortcut should be created in Winnt\System32 , and that's wrong (at least for Windows 2000 it's wrong).

Can some kind soul please forward this info to MS?

Well if you look at the article and what they say it applies to, it does not
say that it applies to Windows 2000, just about every other OS is there but
Windows 2000 so this is not an error as you are saying...... ;) Here's the
text...

a.. Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 for Windows XP
b.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 for Windows NT 4.0
c.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 for Windows NT 4.0
d.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 for Windows NT 4.0
e.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 for Windows NT 4.0
f.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 for Windows NT 4.0
g.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.02 for Windows NT 4.0
h.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.01 for Windows NT 4.0
i.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0 for Windows NT 4.0
j.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 2.0 for Windows NT 4.0
k.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 for Windows 98
l.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 for Windows 98
m.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 for Windows 98
n.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 for Windows 98
o.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 for Windows 95
p.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 for Windows 95
q.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 for Windows 95
r.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.x for Windows 95
s.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 for Windows 95
t.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 for Windows 95
u.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.x for Windows 95
v.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.02 for Windows 95
w.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.01 for Windows 95
x.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0 for Windows 95
y.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 2.0 for Windows 95
z.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 1.0 for Windows 95

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"Mike O'Neill" <Mike O'Neill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I found an error in KB 190355 entitled "How to Re-create the Show Desktop
Icon on Quick Launch Toolbar" ( see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;190355 ). However,
when I attempt to "provide feedback" for that page, I get a screen that says
"Sorry, the page you requested is not available". (I thought my message
might be greater than 255 characters, but it's not.)

> The error is as follows: KB 190355 -- Step 5 specifies an incorrect
location for the shortcut (at least for Windows 2000). The shortcut should
be created in C:\Documents and Settings\<YOURNAME>\Application
Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

> Step 5 in the current KB article incorrectly states that the shortcut
should be created in Winnt\System32 , and that's wrong (at least for Windows
2000 it's wrong).

> Can some kind soul please forward this info to MS?

True enough, which makes Step 5 completely wrong since it very clearly says:

"5. ... In Microsoft Windows NT or Microsoft Windows 2000, copy the shortcut to this folder:
Winnt\System32 "

Anyway, I think you had your tongue at least partly in cheek when you posted your reply ;)

-Mike