Found an Error in KB 190355 -- How Can I Report This

I found an error in KB 190355 entitled "How to Re-create the Show Desktop Icon on Quick Launch Toolbar" ( see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;190355 ). However, when I attempt to "provide feedback" for that page, I get a screen that says "Sorry, the page you requested is not available". (I thought my message might be greater than 255 characters, but it's not.)

The error is as follows: KB 190355 -- Step 5 specifies an incorrect location for the shortcut (at least for Windows 2000). The shortcut should be created in C:\Documents and Settings\<YOURNAME>\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Step 5 in the current KB article incorrectly states that the shortcut should be created in Winnt\System32 , and that's wrong (at least for Windows 2000 it's wrong).

Can some kind soul please forward this info to MS?
2 answers Last reply
More about found error 190355 report this

    Well if you look at the article and what they say it applies to, it does not
    say that it applies to Windows 2000, just about every other OS is there but
    Windows 2000 so this is not an error as you are saying...... ;) Here's the
    text...

    a.. Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 for Windows XP
    b.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 for Windows NT 4.0
    c.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 for Windows NT 4.0
    d.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 for Windows NT 4.0
    e.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 for Windows NT 4.0
    f.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 for Windows NT 4.0
    g.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.02 for Windows NT 4.0
    h.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.01 for Windows NT 4.0
    i.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0 for Windows NT 4.0
    j.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 2.0 for Windows NT 4.0
    k.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 for Windows 98
    l.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 for Windows 98
    m.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 for Windows 98
    n.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 for Windows 98
    o.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 for Windows 95
    p.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.01 for Windows 95
    q.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 for Windows 95
    r.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.x for Windows 95
    s.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 for Windows 95
    t.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 for Windows 95
    u.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.x for Windows 95
    v.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.02 for Windows 95
    w.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.01 for Windows 95
    x.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0 for Windows 95
    y.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 2.0 for Windows 95
    z.. Microsoft Internet Explorer 1.0 for Windows 95

    --
    Scott Harding
    MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

    "Mike O'Neill" <Mike O'Neill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I found an error in KB 190355 entitled "How to Re-create the Show Desktop
    Icon on Quick Launch Toolbar" ( see
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;190355 ). However,
    when I attempt to "provide feedback" for that page, I get a screen that says
    "Sorry, the page you requested is not available". (I thought my message
    might be greater than 255 characters, but it's not.)

    > The error is as follows: KB 190355 -- Step 5 specifies an incorrect
    location for the shortcut (at least for Windows 2000). The shortcut should
    be created in C:\Documents and Settings\<YOURNAME>\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

    > Step 5 in the current KB article incorrectly states that the shortcut
    should be created in Winnt\System32 , and that's wrong (at least for Windows
    2000 it's wrong).

    > Can some kind soul please forward this info to MS?

    True enough, which makes Step 5 completely wrong since it very clearly says:

    "5. ... In Microsoft Windows NT or Microsoft Windows 2000, copy the shortcut to this folder:
    Winnt\System32 "

    Anyway, I think you had your tongue at least partly in cheek when you posted your reply ;)

    -Mike

Microsoft Quick Launch Windows