default RWIN

BudMan

I changed the RWIN settings in XP. But now streaming audio and video are
not buffering correctly. What is the default RWIN setting?

When I was downloading files around 20- kb/sec I had a problem streaming
audio 96/kb- with Winamp, though this command fixed my problem, how come?

"BudMan" wrote:

> I changed the RWIN settings in XP. But now streaming audio and video are
> not buffering correctly. What is the default RWIN setting?

Hi BudMan,

It looks like the RWIN setting is not static. Resetting the TCP/IP using
Netsh command clears the TCP Window Size values. Open a Command Prompt
window and type:

NETSH INT IP RESET C:\Changes.log

C:\Changes.log contains the modifications done by NETSH

Also, see: http://209.123.192.188/faq/5438

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

> Hi BudMan,
>
> It looks like the RWIN setting is not static. Resetting the TCP/IP using
> Netsh command clears the TCP Window Size values. Open a Command Prompt
> window and type:
>
> NETSH INT IP RESET C:\Changes.log
>
> C:\Changes.log contains the modifications done by NETSH
>
> Also, see: http://209.123.192.188/faq/5438
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "BudMan" <notme@none.net> wrote in message
>>I changed the RWIN settings in XP. But now streaming audio and video are
>>not buffering correctly. What is the default RWIN setting?

Thanks,
That set everything back to right.

You're welcome!