Like in 98? NTFS issue.

Like in 98, we used to have win98 folder in D: and used to
install using bootable floppy, setup.exe from the win98
folder.
Now i have I386 in D: (NTFS), so floppy wont detect it.
Any way to boot from floppy and see D: and execute winnt32
in I386 folder just using a bootable disk when my D: is
NTFS?

You will need a boot disk that can read form an NTFS partition.
Unfortunately a typical Win98 boot disk or DOS boot disk cannot. Check out
NTFS for DOS from sysinternals.com.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"Nimit Mehta" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Like in 98, we used to have win98 folder in D: and used to
> install using bootable floppy, setup.exe from the win98
> folder.
> Now i have I386 in D: (NTFS), so floppy wont detect it.
> Any way to boot from floppy and see D: and execute winnt32
> in I386 folder just using a bootable disk when my D: is
> NTFS?

I tried doing that. Those disks only read, but dont allow
me to run an application in DOS mode. in short, dont let
me paste anything to NTFS from DOS. Suppose i lose my
Ntldr, i cant even copy paste it from another machine, coz
NTFS reader only reads, wont let me copy and paste it to
the machine.

They do allow pasting if you buy the full version. This is how it is upposed
to be. NTFS is a secure file system and this is typical.

--

> I tried doing that. Those disks only read, but dont allow
> me to run an application in DOS mode. in short, dont let
> me paste anything to NTFS from DOS. Suppose i lose my
> Ntldr, i cant even copy paste it from another machine, coz
> NTFS reader only reads, wont let me copy and paste it to
> the machine.

TRENDING THREADS