Like in 98? NTFS issue.

Like in 98, we used to have win98 folder in D: and used to
install using bootable floppy, setup.exe from the win98
folder.
Now i have I386 in D: (NTFS), so floppy wont detect it.
Any way to boot from floppy and see D: and execute winnt32
in I386 folder just using a bootable disk when my D: is
NTFS?
3 answers Last reply
More about like ntfs issue

    You will need a boot disk that can read form an NTFS partition.
    Unfortunately a typical Win98 boot disk or DOS boot disk cannot. Check out
    NTFS for DOS from sysinternals.com.

    --
    Scott Harding
    MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

    "Nimit Mehta" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Like in 98, we used to have win98 folder in D: and used to
    > install using bootable floppy, setup.exe from the win98
    > folder.
    > Now i have I386 in D: (NTFS), so floppy wont detect it.
    > Any way to boot from floppy and see D: and execute winnt32
    > in I386 folder just using a bootable disk when my D: is
    > NTFS?

    I tried doing that. Those disks only read, but dont allow
    me to run an application in DOS mode. in short, dont let
    me paste anything to NTFS from DOS. Suppose i lose my
    Ntldr, i cant even copy paste it from another machine, coz
    NTFS reader only reads, wont let me copy and paste it to
    the machine.

    They do allow pasting if you buy the full version. This is how it is upposed
    to be. NTFS is a secure file system and this is typical.

    --

    > I tried doing that. Those disks only read, but dont allow
    > me to run an application in DOS mode. in short, dont let
    > me paste anything to NTFS from DOS. Suppose i lose my
    > Ntldr, i cant even copy paste it from another machine, coz
    > NTFS reader only reads, wont let me copy and paste it to
    > the machine.

Floppy Disk NTFS Microsoft Windows