next turionx2's release date?

kaboom1300

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2007
Well the current notebook is pushing 3 years so its time for a new one. I'm an AMD guy so i'm wanting the Tx2. But the current generation came out in may of last year so they're almost a year old. Does anyone have any idea when the next few chips should be comming out? I dont want to buy a laptop and have the new chips out a few weeks from now.

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
get a core 2 duo -- killer dell - well its hot and 20lbs and the battery lasts only 2 hours but it games!

. I'm an AMD guy so i'm wanting the Tx2. I dont want to buy a laptop and have the new chips out a few weeks from now.

Its never too late to switch!

kaboom1300

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2007
Yeah i dont do Dell either, i dont like being forced to go through them when i want to upgrade parts.

Not till the end of the year? I'd heard april, but wasnt sure of the source so figured i'd check it out. AMD needs a number to call and ask haha.

ferrazf

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Bah Im just tired of always waiting for "the next one" to come out. As soon as it comes out, you hear that in just a few short 6 months, a much better one will be out. When that comes out, oh just wait another 2 months, then that comes out, and you're already almost a year into your planned time of purchase.. I wish they could just freeze time

bLAKEpERKINS

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2006
Could hold out for the next centrino platform. As Intel will be releasing a refresh of the current T7x00 cores, and the integrated video card will be dx10 compliant, also the it will have Draft-n wireless.

Main benefit of this (from memory), is that the refreshed cores will have a 1333 fsb (seem to remember reading this sumwhere, i'll try and find a link), with added support for the next speed in DDR2 memory (800?). also by that stage There could be a x2x00 mobility range out (the x2300 is coming to the Asus whitebook, if you remember back to CES).

This stuff is coming out 2H or 2Q, can't remember. all the uni work i did this week has made me for get every 2nd thing i read....