windows 2000 server DCPromo failing

I have just reinstalled a Windows 2000 Server software on a client's machine - Dell Poweredge 2650 - and every single time I try to run the DCPromo wizrd, and create the first server in a new forest etc... I keep receiving the following error message:
THE NETWORK LOCATION CANNOT BE REACHED. FOR INFORMATION ABOUT NETWORK TROUBLESHOOTING SEE WINDOWS HELP.
And that's it.
I don't understand this message, as I am installing AD as a first DC in a new forest and a new domain etc...
I've done it many times in the past, especially when reloading the OS, and never have encountered this error...
Can someone please help and let me know what I can do to move past this block?

Thanks in advance
1 answer Last reply
More about windows 2000 server dcpromo failing

    "Lost in AD" <Lost in AD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have just reinstalled a Windows 2000 Server software on a client's
    machine - Dell Poweredge 2650 - and every single time I try to run the
    DCPromo wizrd, and create the first server in a new forest etc... I keep
    receiving the following error message:
    > THE NETWORK LOCATION CANNOT BE REACHED. FOR INFORMATION ABOUT NETWORK
    TROUBLESHOOTING SEE WINDOWS HELP.
    > And that's it.
    > I don't understand this message, as I am installing AD as a first DC in a
    new forest and a new domain etc...
    > I've done it many times in the past, especially when reloading the OS, and
    never have encountered this error...
    > Can someone please help and let me know what I can do to move past this
    block?

    > Thanks in advance

    Do you have a NIC installed? Is it correctly configured and responding? Is
    it connected to network media? One work-around is to install the Loopback
    adapter.

Windows 2000 Servers Windows