Hard Drive Dilemma

jt

New IBM xSeries 235 Server came preloaded with W2K Server
installed. However, they partioned only 4GB for C: drive
for OS and on top of that made it FAT32 instead of NTFS.

I have two mirrored drives totalling 73GB, so I could
allocate more space to C:, but are there any alternatives
available other than reformatting the drive with NTFS to
be able to install AD?

This server is going to be used as a Terminal Server for
our remote offices.

thx in advance

"JT" <pvtpilot@dtnspeed.net> wrote in message
> New IBM xSeries 235 Server came preloaded with W2K Server
> installed. However, they partioned only 4GB for C: drive
> for OS and on top of that made it FAT32 instead of NTFS.
>
> I have two mirrored drives totalling 73GB, so I could
> allocate more space to C:, but are there any alternatives
> available other than reformatting the drive with NTFS to
> be able to install AD?
>
> This server is going to be used as a Terminal Server for
> our remote offices.
>
> thx in advance

There is no need to repartion in order to convert from Fat32 to NTFS. You
can type CONVERT /? at a command prompt for a possible option.

CONVERT c: /FS:NTFS to convert the c drive.

jt

It worked flawlessly....I was able to install AD
afterwards....thx

Cross-post when necessary, but never multi-post. Cross-posting is when you
include two or more groups in the "Newsgroups:" section. In this scenario
the message and all responses are seen in all groups that the message was
cross-posted to. In other words any replies will automatically propagate to
the other newsgroup posts.

Multi-posting is when you post the same message to two or more groups
individually. In this scenario the message is seen in the groups it is
posted to, but the responses are only seen attached to the message (unless
you cross-post the reply) in which the response was made. So those that
frequent these groups then need to deal with or re-read the posts. It may
seem like a small thing to keep track of. But some of us actively traverse
50 or more groups. The poster also then must search out all of the posts to
see if there was a response.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"JT" wrote:
| New IBM xSeries 235 Server came preloaded with W2K Server
| installed. However, they partioned only 4GB for C: drive
| for OS and on top of that made it FAT32 instead of NTFS.
|
| I have two mirrored drives totalling 73GB, so I could
| allocate more space to C:, but are there any alternatives
| available other than reformatting the drive with NTFS to
| be able to install AD?
|
| This server is going to be used as a Terminal Server for
| our remote offices.
|
| thx in advance

dl

Instead of multi posting, please cross post in future, by entering all
addressess seperated by colon, in the address box. That way we could all
follow the posts in whichever ng