Best Buy ripping off customers

Last response: in Home Theatre
August 21, 2004 3:34:48 AM

Best Buy sued for 'ripping off' consumers
By John Leyden
Published Friday 20th August 2004 15:52 GMT

Giant US electronics retailer Best Buy has been sued by the State of
Ohio over alleged unfair and deceptive business practices.

Ohio's legal officers are acting on complaints that the electronics
chain sold used products as new. The retail giant also allegedly
failed to honour rebates, exchange programs or extended service
contracts on numerous occasions. In a statement issued yesterday, Ohio
said it initiated legal action after receiving hundreds of consumer
complaints over the last few years.

"The sheer number of complaints coupled with the types of allegations
my office received prompted us to file this lawsuit." said Ohio
Attorney General Jim Petro. "The primary objective of this lawsuit is
to bring Best Buy into conformity with Ohio’s consumer protection laws
and ensure that Best Buy’s Ohio customers receive the service they
deserve."

In the complaint, Petro asks the court to order Best Buy to comply
with Ohio's consumer protection laws, reimburse customers who lost
money and pay a civil penalty of $25,000 for each violation of Ohio's
Consumer Sales Practices Act. Best Buy, which operates approximately
750 stores in the US and Canada, said it was aware of the suit but
declined to discuss pending litigation. ®

More about : buy ripping customers

Anonymous
August 21, 2004 3:34:49 AM

Seems that the complaints are going national per the information being
broadcast on the networks. Too bad the largest electronics retailer has to
stoop so damn low to actually rip off their customer base in such a way as
repacking items and trying to sell them as brand new!! ETC> Greed causes
ome strange actions at times!!
<nospam@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Best Buy sued for 'ripping off' consumers
> By John Leyden
> Published Friday 20th August 2004 15:52 GMT
>
> Giant US electronics retailer Best Buy has been sued by the State of
> Ohio over alleged unfair and deceptive business practices.
>
> Ohio's legal officers are acting on complaints that the electronics
> chain sold used products as new. The retail giant also allegedly
> failed to honour rebates, exchange programs or extended service
> contracts on numerous occasions. In a statement issued yesterday, Ohio
> said it initiated legal action after receiving hundreds of consumer
> complaints over the last few years.
>
> "The sheer number of complaints coupled with the types of allegations
> my office received prompted us to file this lawsuit." said Ohio
> Attorney General Jim Petro. "The primary objective of this lawsuit is
> to bring Best Buy into conformity with Ohio's consumer protection laws
> and ensure that Best Buy's Ohio customers receive the service they
> deserve."
>
> In the complaint, Petro asks the court to order Best Buy to comply
> with Ohio's consumer protection laws, reimburse customers who lost
> money and pay a civil penalty of $25,000 for each violation of Ohio's
> Consumer Sales Practices Act. Best Buy, which operates approximately
> 750 stores in the US and Canada, said it was aware of the suit but
> declined to discuss pending litigation. ®
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 3:34:49 AM

<nospam@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Best Buy sued for 'ripping off' consumers
> By John Leyden
> Published Friday 20th August 2004 15:52 GMT
>
> Giant US electronics retailer Best Buy has been sued by the State of
> Ohio over alleged unfair and deceptive business practices.
>
> Ohio's legal officers are acting on complaints that the electronics
> chain sold used products as new. The retail giant also allegedly
> failed to honour rebates, exchange programs or extended service
> contracts on numerous occasions. In a statement issued yesterday, Ohio
> said it initiated legal action after receiving hundreds of consumer
> complaints over the last few years.
>
> "The sheer number of complaints coupled with the types of allegations
> my office received prompted us to file this lawsuit." said Ohio
> Attorney General Jim Petro. "The primary objective of this lawsuit is
> to bring Best Buy into conformity with Ohio's consumer protection laws
> and ensure that Best Buy's Ohio customers receive the service they
> deserve."
>
> In the complaint, Petro asks the court to order Best Buy to comply
> with Ohio's consumer protection laws, reimburse customers who lost
> money and pay a civil penalty of $25,000 for each violation of Ohio's
> Consumer Sales Practices Act. Best Buy, which operates approximately
> 750 stores in the US and Canada, said it was aware of the suit but
> declined to discuss pending litigation. ®

Doesn't anyone wonder where those items returned within 30 days go?

Leonard
August 21, 2004 6:26:08 AM

I have had to personally deal with the Ohio Attorney General's office for
misrepresentation they got a great crew their and I predict will win against
best buy
End higher ticket prices! Go to local college games!
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 10:52:09 AM

> Doesn't anyone wonder where those items returned within 30 days go?
>
> Leonard

Those items are supposed to be marked down as open items. I returned a sound
card to them years ago. Nothing was wrong with it but I did open the box
because I thought it was what I wanted. Next time I was in the store I saw
it on the shelf, marked down 20% as an open box. I suppose they stopped
doing that. :-(
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 1:39:25 PM

In article <lYxVc.56537$wo.20355@okepread06> "Leonard Caillouet"
<no@no.com> writes:

>Doesn't anyone wonder where those items returned within 30 days go?

>Leonard

I'm pretty sure it falls under "deceptive trade practices" to present
anything as "new" when it in fact is a previously opened return.

IMO Circuit City is next in line to get hit with a similar suit.
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 3:15:28 PM

The local college for me is University of Texas. Not too easy to go to a
game there.

"Dan the fan" <westislip@aol.comspambloc> wrote in message
>I have had to personally deal with the Ohio Attorney General's office for
> misrepresentation they got a great crew their and I predict will win
> against
> best buy
> End higher ticket prices! Go to local college games!
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 3:36:56 PM

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 06:52:09 GMT, "Albert Alverez"
<noneofyourbusiness@noway.org> wrote:

>> Doesn't anyone wonder where those items returned within 30 days go?
>>
>> Leonard
>
>Those items are supposed to be marked down as open items. I returned a sound
>card to them years ago. Nothing was wrong with it but I did open the box
>because I thought it was what I wanted. Next time I was in the store I saw
>it on the shelf, marked down 20% as an open box. I suppose they stopped
>doing that. :-(

Here is the source:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/08/20/best_buy_ohio_l...
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 5:28:05 PM

Really don't think Circuit City will stoop that low to do it to their
customer base but they have no problem doing it to their employees without
the K/V Jelly!! <
> Normal process is the items are marked as open box merchandise and
advertised as such, not attempted to be repacked as manufacturer's new, or
sold as such. Even if they open a damaged shipping box to inspect the item
inside it is considered as being open box merchandise even if it has never
been powered up,
"Mr Fixit" <MrFixit@msn.com> wrote in message
> In article <lYxVc.56537$wo.20355@okepread06> "Leonard Caillouet"
> <no@no.com> writes:
>

> >Doesn't anyone wonder where those items returned within 30 days go?
>
> >Leonard
>
> I'm pretty sure it falls under "deceptive trade practices" to present
> anything as "new" when it in fact is a previously opened return.
>
> IMO Circuit City is next in line to get hit with a similar suit.

Anonymous
August 21, 2004 5:28:06 PM

After reading this thread,the result of a successful lawsuit MIGHT be
that Best Buy and other mass merchandising retail companies will
institute a FINAL SALE policy.No returns allowed for any reason,
PERIOD.The rationale being to prevent overaccumulation of restocked and
so-called "open box merchandise."
There are consequences to any action,and this MAY be one of them.It
also could include retailers that are NOT party to any kind of suit of
this nature so as to forestall any kind of legal liability in the
future.
August 21, 2004 6:19:05 PM

"Albert Alverez" <noneofyourbusiness@noway.org> wrote in message
> > Doesn't anyone wonder where those items returned within 30 days go?
> >
> > Leonard
>
> Those items are supposed to be marked down as open items. I returned a
sound
> card to them years ago. Nothing was wrong with it but I did open the box
> because I thought it was what I wanted. Next time I was in the store I saw
> it on the shelf, marked down 20% as an open box. I suppose they stopped
> doing that. :-(

Wonderful. The next time I want a 20% discount on an item, I'll buy it,
return it, and buy it again after it's marked down. Consumers want a no
questions asked and no restocking fee return policy, reduced prices on
returned items, and the lowest possible prices. Stores that provide all
three will go out of business.

As long as everything is in the box and everything works, I'm happy with 2
out of 3. Don't even bring up knowledgable staff. People who go to a higher
end store to get information then go to a big box store to buy at a lower
price are thieves.

Pat
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 6:19:06 PM

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:19:05 GMT, "Greywolf"
<greywolfin45@*spamisbad*sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>People who go to a higher
>end store to get information then go to a big box store to buy at a lower
>price are thieves.

I believe I'd have to agree with that.
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 6:34:21 PM

"SAC 441" <SAC441@webtv.net> wrote in message
> After reading this thread,the result of a successful lawsuit MIGHT be
> that Best Buy and other mass merchandising retail companies will
> institute a FINAL SALE policy.No returns allowed for any reason,
> PERIOD.The rationale being to prevent overaccumulation of restocked and
> so-called "open box merchandise."
> There are consequences to any action,and this MAY be one of them.It
> also could include retailers that are NOT party to any kind of suit of
> this nature so as to forestall any kind of legal liability in the
> future.

This kind of policy is just as silly as a no-questions-asked return policy.
Both the seller and the buyer need to take some responsibility in a good
transaction.

Leonard
Anonymous
August 21, 2004 11:07:25 PM

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 11:25:40 -0700, SAC441@webtv.net (SAC 441) wrote:

>After reading this thread,the result of a successful lawsuit MIGHT be
>that Best Buy and other mass merchandising retail companies will
>institute a FINAL SALE policy.

If this happens, will you be willing to take a risk and purchase
anyway? What if you get stuck with bad merchandise or merchandise that
did not match your requirements contrary to what was written on the
box?

And how about rebates? Best Buy was notorious for dealing with such
companies who do not like to return rebates to customers.
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 12:31:04 AM

>>People who go to a higher
>>end store to get information then go to a big box store to buy at a lower
>>price are thieves.
>
> I believe I'd have to agree with that.

I'd say the salesman at the higher end store didn't do his job.
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 12:47:55 AM

> Wonderful. The next time I want a 20% discount on an item, I'll buy it,
> return it, and buy it again after it's marked down. Consumers want a no
> questions asked and no restocking fee return policy, reduced prices on
> returned items, and the lowest possible prices. Stores that provide all
> three will go out of business.
>
> As long as everything is in the box and everything works, I'm happy with 2
> out of 3. Don't even bring up knowledgable staff. People who go to a
higher
> end store to get information then go to a big box store to buy at a lower
> price are thieves.
>
> Pat

Spoken like a man who works at a high end shop.
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 1:00:41 AM

"GaryH" <dontyouspamme@nospam.org> wrote in message
> >>People who go to a higher
> >>end store to get information then go to a big box store to buy at a
lower
> >>price are thieves.
> >
> > I believe I'd have to agree with that.
>
> I'd say the salesman at the higher end store didn't do his job.

Most high end stores have some "playing room" in the price. Personally, I'd
consider the two prices of lower/higher end stores, offer something in the
medium range. Buying from higher end stores definitely has perks.

On the other hand, if I look at something at a high end store then see it
elsewhere for $1000 or so cheaper, that doesn't make me a theif...it makes
me smart....and a $1000 richer. And unless it was a special order, no
obligation.
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 1:00:42 AM

In article <ZJOVc.7058$2L3.5911@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net> "Albert
Alverez" <noneofyourbusiness@noway.org> writes:

>Most high end stores have some "playing room" in the price. Personally, I'd
>consider the two prices of lower/higher end stores, offer something in the
>medium range. Buying from higher end stores definitely has perks.

>On the other hand, if I look at something at a high end store then see it
>elsewhere for $1000 or so cheaper, that doesn't make me a theif...it makes
>me smart....and a $1000 richer. And unless it was a special order, no
>obligation.

Where are you going to take it when it needs service? I've seen a couple
high end shops who outside of warranty work only service what they sell.
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 1:00:43 AM

> In article <ZJOVc.7058$2L3.5911@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net> "Albert
> Alverez" <noneofyourbusiness@noway.org> writes:
>

> >Most high end stores have some "playing room" in the price. Personally,
I'd
> >consider the two prices of lower/higher end stores, offer something in
the
> >medium range. Buying from higher end stores definitely has perks.
>
> >On the other hand, if I look at something at a high end store then see it
> >elsewhere for $1000 or so cheaper, that doesn't make me a theif...it
makes
> >me smart....and a $1000 richer. And unless it was a special order, no
> >obligation.
>
> Where are you going to take it when it needs service? I've seen a couple
> high end shops who outside of warranty work only service what they sell.

Actually, it is usually just the opposite. Most dealers who service what
they sell do not do warranty work on products that were purchased elsewhere
but will do OOW work. The reason is that warranty labor rates are typically
lower and there is no profit on the parts, only reimbursement after having
to hassle with shipping and claims processing and manufacturers not paying
up.

Leonard
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 4:04:56 AM

Mr Fixit wrote:
> IMO Circuit City is next in line to get hit with a similar suit.

As one of the message board moderators for BestBuySux.org,
I don't hear of cases of CC selling used items as new as
extremely as I do with BBY. Plus CC has a strict policy in
regards of selling open box items so they are covered pretty
good.

--
Brian The Demolition Man Little
Anonymous

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 00:04:56 -0500, "Brian The Demolition Man Little"
<x@y.z> wrote:

>Mr Fixit wrote:
>> IMO Circuit City is next in line to get hit with a similar suit.
>
>As one of the message board moderators for BestBuySux.org,
>I don't hear of cases of CC selling used items as new as
>extremely as I do with BBY. Plus CC has a strict policy in
>regards of selling open box items so they are covered pretty
>good.

CC is not a bad place to shop if you already know what you are wanting
to puchase. I've never had a bad experience with them. BB OTOH....
August 22, 2004 7:14:45 AM

> > Wonderful. The next time I want a 20% discount on an item, I'll buy it,
> > return it, and buy it again after it's marked down. Consumers want a no
> > questions asked and no restocking fee return policy, reduced prices on
> > returned items, and the lowest possible prices. Stores that provide all
> > three will go out of business.
> >
> > As long as everything is in the box and everything works, I'm happy with
2
> > out of 3. Don't even bring up knowledgable staff. People who go to a
> higher
> > end store to get information then go to a big box store to buy at a
lower
> > price are thieves.
> >
> > Pat
>
> Spoken like a man who works at a high end shop.

Nope. I'm retired from managing a University Mail Service and working with
computers. I give away what I've learned now that I have the time and a
pension. I just believe in paying a fair price for goods and services I
receive from somebody who earns a living from providing them.
I save money by learning about products so I don't need a knowledgable
salesperson.
I also choose to let somebody else change my oil now.
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 1:03:18 PM

Targa wrote:

> Im not a theif - just smarter than you.

Says it all ;-)
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 4:09:08 PM

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 12:46:51 -0500, HDTV-slingr
<NOSPAMMERS@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 14:19:05 GMT, "Greywolf"
><greywolfin45@*spamisbad*sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>>People who go to a higher
>>end store to get information then go to a big box store to buy at a lower
>>price are thieves.
>
>I believe I'd have to agree with that.

I went to BB to purchase a Sony XBR. I was told by the salesman that I
had to purchase a contract for this TV. I said that this is not going
to happen and then was told to order this from the internet so the
store wouldn't take a "hit". I then went to a high end store and when
the service contract came up they accepted my "no" and said it is
better to purchase a contract just before the warenty expires as you
are not paying for the year tha the warenty is in effect.

Retired and enjoying it.
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 4:14:28 PM

> Where are you going to take it when it needs service? I've seen a couple
> high end shops who outside of warranty work only service what they sell.

With the exception of one instance, so far everything I've had repaired by a
local high-end shop has been sent back to the factory. That much I could
have done myself.
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 7:50:38 PM

> Yea, but why should I have to pay for that? I don't charge people extra
in
> my job to pay for the years of college I went to! If you guys want to pay
> 100s of extra dollars so some guy can tell you about the stretch mode on a
> TV be my guest.

So why did you go to college? What kind of job do you have? Who do you
think pays for any training? Ultimately someone does. Who do you think
pays for experience? If the consumer never pays there won't be any. You
are living in a dream world if you think you don't.

If you don't think you need experienced salespeople or experienced
technicians then buy from the whorehouses or the internet vendors. That is
your choice. There are lots of good salespeople who perform a useful
service. It is offensive that people so openly profess pleasure in taking
advantage of them. You are no better than the lousy salesman who rips
people off or lies.

Leonard
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 12:21:00 AM

GaryH wrote:

> ... I don't charge people extra in my job to pay for the years of college I went to! ...

I would hope not! Liberal Arts major? ;-)
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 2:05:03 AM

What about the last time that I spent my hour in Sears waiting for my wife.
I ended up educating their sales guy in the TV department about HDTV and the
different options, as he didn't have a clue that you could even get HD OTA
from an antenna, etc. It works both ways. You see, I already had my Sony XBR
plasma and was just killing time looking at their stuff, and ended up in a
pretty good conversation with their salesman. He actually thanked me for
"enlightening" him, as they obviously hadn't spent much time training him.

"L Alpert" <alpertl@xxcomcast.net> wrote in message
news:p J1Wc.67526$TI1.53884@attbi_s52...

> Most of the guys shopping in Sears are waiting for the wife to get done in
> the childrens clothing section and just wander over to the TVs for
something
> to do.....

Anonymous
August 23, 2004 4:45:01 AM

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 22:05:03 GMT, "Phil Ross" <paross@pacbell.net>
wrote:

>What about the last time that I spent my hour in Sears waiting for my wife.
>I ended up educating their sales guy in the TV department about HDTV and the
>different options, as he didn't have a clue that you could even get HD OTA
>from an antenna, etc. It works both ways. You see, I already had my Sony XBR
>plasma and was just killing time looking at their stuff, and ended up in a
>pretty good conversation with their salesman. He actually thanked me for
>"enlightening" him, as they obviously hadn't spent much time training him.

Hey man, it happens. That would have been me too in my first few
months of working there. We get two weeks initial training then we
are sent out to the floor. From there, we have ongoing training but
it's more sporadic, so those of us on commission go beyond the
training we are paid to participate in.

For a few months, I was elated to meet a customer such as yourself who
was willing to help break me in. Actually, I still do enjoy when
ANYBODY... an informed customer, a tech, etc., walks in and wants to
share what they know with me. I can talk this stuff all day long and
my ego doesn't prevent me from being a "sponge" to anybody who can
help me to better help others.

You remind me of a few great customers I've met, especially when I was
brand new. Because I will not willingly take a "stab" at a question
and because I am always willing to say "I'm sorry, I don't know.
Let's go over to our computer and Google the answer" if I don't know,
I've learned quite a bit from some of our customers. Some of the
people I said "I don't know, let's find out" to a year and a half ago
still come in and see me / purchase things from me on a regular basis.
My hat's off to ya :-)
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 4:47:03 AM

Leonard Caillouet (no@no.com) wrote in alt.tv.tech.hdtv:
> > Obviously he's never dealt with high-end hourly wages, either. Even
> > though people happily pay and I far undercut the competition, sometimes
> > even I cringe when I quote my computer consulting rates.
>
> You must be ripping people off just like I do when I fix TVs at rates that
> are competitive for the market. :)

I think the big difference is that a TV repair at $20/hour often wouldn't
be thought of as "maybe this guy doesn't know what he is doing", while
in the computer field, you *must* charge a certain amount to get respect,
and $20/hour isn't in that realm.

It's insane, I know, but people seem to put the job of _______ repair
as less skilled. It's hard to convey to people the wizardry that is
sometimes involved in diagnosis of TV problems. I can always just backup
the data and re-format to solve some problems, but that isn't an option
with at TV.

--
Jeff Rife |
SPAM bait: | http://www.nabs.net/Cartoons/RhymesWithOrange/BigDogs.g...

> Leonard Caillouet (no@no.com) wrote in alt.tv.tech.hdtv:
> > > Obviously he's never dealt with high-end hourly wages, either. Even
> > > though people happily pay and I far undercut the competition,
sometimes
> > > even I cringe when I quote my computer consulting rates.
> >
> > You must be ripping people off just like I do when I fix TVs at rates
that
> > are competitive for the market. :)
>
> I think the big difference is that a TV repair at $20/hour often wouldn't
> be thought of as "maybe this guy doesn't know what he is doing", while
> in the computer field, you *must* charge a certain amount to get respect,
> and $20/hour isn't in that realm.
>
> It's insane, I know, but people seem to put the job of _______ repair
> as less skilled. It's hard to convey to people the wizardry that is
> sometimes involved in diagnosis of TV problems. I can always just backup
> the data and re-format to solve some problems, but that isn't an option
> with at TV.

....and then they either lament the fact that the guy who did the TV repair
for $20 per hour is no longer around or they bring the set to us to fix for
real after he decided it wasn't a simple fix...

Now it is certainly true that some people really do not need more highly
skilled sales people and technicians, but it is the minority that will be
better served by the "discounted" or internet seller.

Leonard
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 4:38:03 PM

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:23:47 -0400, "Leonard Caillouet" <no@no.com>
wrote:

>> Wow, that's weird! Since we don't have the XBR line so off hand, I
>> don't know if it's got a different warranty than the entry-level Sony
>> lines (1 yr parts, 90 days labor)
>
>The XBR line does have a longer warranty than the other Sony products, 2
>years P & L, IIRC.

Cool... thanks for the heads up :-)
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 6:20:33 PM

"HDTV-slingr" <NOSPAMMERS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:23:47 -0400, "Leonard Caillouet" <no@no.com>
> wrote:
>
> >> Wow, that's weird! Since we don't have the XBR line so off hand, I
> >> don't know if it's got a different warranty than the entry-level Sony
> >> lines (1 yr parts, 90 days labor)
> >
> >The XBR line does have a longer warranty than the other Sony products, 2
> >years P & L, IIRC.
>
> Cool... thanks for the heads up :-)

Actually, I was incorrect, it is 1 year P & L, 2 years CRT.

Leonard
Anonymous
August 23, 2004 6:20:34 PM

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:20:33 -0400, "Leonard G. Caillouet"
<lcaillo_ns_@devoynet.com> wrote:

>> >The XBR line does have a longer warranty than the other Sony products, 2
>> >years P & L, IIRC.
>>
>> Cool... thanks for the heads up :-)
>
>Actually, I was incorrect, it is 1 year P & L, 2 years CRT.

I gotchya. With that in mind, it makes perfect sense to wait for the
first year to expire before buying the extended with an XBR.
Anonymous
August 24, 2004 2:42:51 AM

HDTV-slingr wrote:
> As for the CC guy encouraging you to shop elsewhere because you
> weren't willing to purchase the service / protection agreement...
> well... let's just say he's OBVIOUSLY not on commission. Probably not
> still employed at CC either because I have a hard time believing
> they'd approve of such actions.

Uh, didn't he go to BBY, not CC?

--
Brian The Demolition Man Little
Anonymous
August 24, 2004 5:13:31 AM

Yes, but you volunteered to do so. I have done this myself. Gives one a
good feeling..!

Phil Ross wrote:
> What about the last time that I spent my hour in Sears waiting for my
> wife. I ended up educating their sales guy in the TV department about
> HDTV and the different options, as he didn't have a clue that you
> could even get HD OTA from an antenna, etc. It works both ways. You
> see, I already had my Sony XBR plasma and was just killing time
> looking at their stuff, and ended up in a pretty good conversation
> with their salesman. He actually thanked me for "enlightening" him,
> as they obviously hadn't spent much time training him.
>
> "L Alpert" <alpertl@xxcomcast.net> wrote in message
> news:p J1Wc.67526$TI1.53884@attbi_s52...
>>
>> Most of the guys shopping in Sears are waiting for the wife to get
>> done in the childrens clothing section and just wander over to the
>> TVs for something to do.....
Anonymous
August 24, 2004 5:52:44 AM

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 22:42:51 -0500, "Brian The Demolition Man Little"
<x@y.z> wrote:

>HDTV-slingr wrote:
>> As for the CC guy encouraging you to shop elsewhere because you
>> weren't willing to purchase the service / protection agreement...
>> well... let's just say he's OBVIOUSLY not on commission. Probably not
>> still employed at CC either because I have a hard time believing
>> they'd approve of such actions.
>
>Uh, didn't he go to BBY, not CC?

Yup... my bad...
Anonymous
August 24, 2004 10:26:13 AM

HDTV-slingr wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 22:42:51 -0500, "Brian The Demolition Man Little"
> <x@y.z> wrote:
>
>> HDTV-slingr wrote:
>>> As for the CC guy encouraging you to shop elsewhere because you
>>> weren't willing to purchase the service / protection agreement...
>>> well... let's just say he's OBVIOUSLY not on commission. Probably
>>> not still employed at CC either because I have a hard time believing
>>> they'd approve of such actions.
>>
>> Uh, didn't he go to BBY, not CC?
>
> Yup... my bad...

Happens to all of us. :(