Default Desktop

When installing apps for the first time on my new W2K
Server being used as a Terminal Server (change
user /install), is there a way to create a default
desktop for everyone, no matter who's logging in?

This would save a lot of time of having to re-create the
same desktop for everyone when I started adding new user
accounts to my W2K Server being used as a Terminal Server.

thx
2 answers Last reply
More about default desktop

    Cross-post when necessary, but never multi-post. Cross-posting is when you
    include two or more groups in the "Newsgroups:" section. In this scenario
    the message and all responses are seen in all groups that the message was
    cross-posted to. In other words any replies will automatically propagate to
    the other newsgroup posts.

    Multi-posting is when you post the same message to two or more groups
    individually. In this scenario the message is seen in the groups it is
    posted to, but the responses are only seen attached to the message (unless
    you cross-post the reply) in which the response was made. So those that
    frequent these groups then need to deal with or re-read the posts. It may
    seem like a small thing to keep track of. But some of us actively traverse
    50 or more groups. The poster also then must search out all of the posts to
    see if there was a response.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "JT" <pvtpilot@dtnspeed.net> wrote in message
    | When installing apps for the first time on my new W2K
    | Server being used as a Terminal Server (change
    | user /install), is there a way to create a default
    | desktop for everyone, no matter who's logging in?
    |
    | This would save a lot of time of having to re-create the
    | same desktop for everyone when I started adding new user
    | accounts to my W2K Server being used as a Terminal Server.
    |
    | thx

    just to add to that ... when you cross-post, with most readers, once
    I've read the message once in one group, it will automatically be
    marked as having been read in all the other groups so that I won't
    trip over it multiple times.

    Dave Patrick wrote:

    > Cross-post when necessary, but never multi-post. Cross-posting is when you
    > include two or more groups in the "Newsgroups:" section. In this scenario
    > the message and all responses are seen in all groups that the message was
    > cross-posted to. In other words any replies will automatically propagate to
    > the other newsgroup posts.
    >
    > Multi-posting is when you post the same message to two or more groups
    > individually. In this scenario the message is seen in the groups it is
    > posted to, but the responses are only seen attached to the message (unless
    > you cross-post the reply) in which the response was made. So those that
    > frequent these groups then need to deal with or re-read the posts. It may
    > seem like a small thing to keep track of. But some of us actively traverse
    > 50 or more groups. The poster also then must search out all of the posts to
    > see if there was a response.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,

    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    > http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    >
    > "JT" <pvtpilot@dtnspeed.net> wrote in message
    > | When installing apps for the first time on my new W2K
    > | Server being used as a Terminal Server (change
    > | user /install), is there a way to create a default
    > | desktop for everyone, no matter who's logging in?
    > |
    > | This would save a lot of time of having to re-create the
    > | same desktop for everyone when I started adding new user
    > | accounts to my W2K Server being used as a Terminal Server.
    > |
    > | thx

Default Desktops Terminal Server Servers Windows