Default Desktop

jt

When installing apps for the first time on my new W2K
Server being used as a Terminal Server (change
user /install), is there a way to create a default
desktop for everyone, no matter who's logging in?

This would save a lot of time of having to re-create the
same desktop for everyone when I started adding new user
accounts to my W2K Server being used as a Terminal Server.

thx

Cross-post when necessary, but never multi-post. Cross-posting is when you
include two or more groups in the "Newsgroups:" section. In this scenario
the message and all responses are seen in all groups that the message was
cross-posted to. In other words any replies will automatically propagate to
the other newsgroup posts.

Multi-posting is when you post the same message to two or more groups
individually. In this scenario the message is seen in the groups it is
posted to, but the responses are only seen attached to the message (unless
you cross-post the reply) in which the response was made. So those that
frequent these groups then need to deal with or re-read the posts. It may
seem like a small thing to keep track of. But some of us actively traverse
50 or more groups. The poster also then must search out all of the posts to
see if there was a response.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"JT" <pvtpilot@dtnspeed.net> wrote in message
| When installing apps for the first time on my new W2K
| Server being used as a Terminal Server (change
| user /install), is there a way to create a default
| desktop for everyone, no matter who's logging in?
|
| This would save a lot of time of having to re-create the
| same desktop for everyone when I started adding new user
| accounts to my W2K Server being used as a Terminal Server.
|
| thx

just to add to that ... when you cross-post, with most readers, once
I've read the message once in one group, it will automatically be
marked as having been read in all the other groups so that I won't
trip over it multiple times.