Sign in with
Your question

Question about fan settings on the 8800gtx

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 28, 2007 4:34:40 AM

I live in a extremely hot climate and just wondering if someone can help with the direct fan control option on the 8800gtx, everytime I reboot my computer it resorts back to default settings is there anything I can do to keep my settings?, so I don't have to change it everytime I reboot.

Thanks in advance
February 28, 2007 11:08:13 PM

Sorry your question seems to have been neglected thus far...

...Since I am unaware of a workaround for the issue you speak of, that is likely why there haven't been any responses yet. Just letting you know that I hear you (and bumping this back to the top of the queue). I certainly hope someone has an answer to this question. Until then, I can only suggest the obvious things, such as adequate space for the pc to circulate air (don't cram it in a corner) and ensuring the pc is relatively dust-free.
February 28, 2007 11:42:25 PM

Get Rivatuner. On the top half, under where it lists Nvidia 8800gtx there is a customize button. Click customize and then select the first icon. There should be a place to set the fan settings and let it apply the settings at start up. If its not there, just check on all the icon things in the top half. I noe for sure it is there.

Get Rivatuner here http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163
Related resources
March 1, 2007 12:44:45 AM

Rivatuner is way to go.

Low-level system settings

-Check mark on - Enable low-level fan control.
-Fixed 100% move the bar to 100%.
-Check mark on - Apply fan setting at .............
-Apply
-OK
Thats it.
March 1, 2007 3:13:08 PM

Thanks alot for the help guys it's much appreciated
!