installation without floppy drive

I am trying to install 2000 server on a machine with a 3ware raid controller and no floppy drive. after pressing F6 at the beginning of setup i get the option to install the drivers for the raid controller via the A: drive. Is there anyway around this without putting a floppy drive in the machine.

andy white wrote:

> I am trying to install 2000 server on a machine with a 3ware raid controller and no floppy drive. after pressing F6 at the beginning of setup i get the option to install the drivers for the raid controller via the A: drive. Is there anyway around this without putting a floppy drive in the machine.

If there is an option to choose the location for the RAID
drivers after pressing F6, then it might be worthwhile to
create a new, bootable installation cdrom with the RAID
drivers slipstreamed into it or into a known folder that
will be accessible when asked. Just a theoretical thought
but has anyone else tried it?

dl

I've seen this asked several times, without any response

"andy white" <andywhite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to install 2000 server on a machine with a 3ware raid
controller and no floppy drive. after pressing F6 at the beginning of setup
i get the option to install the drivers for the raid controller via the A:
drive. Is there anyway around this without putting a floppy drive in the
machine.

dl

There is no option to select location/and or drive, from F6

"Ghostrider" <-00-@fitron.142> wrote in message
> If there is an option to choose the location for the RAID
> drivers after pressing F6, then it might be worthwhile to
> create a new, bootable installation cdrom with the RAID
> drivers slipstreamed into it or into a known folder that
> will be accessible when asked. Just a theoretical thought
> but has anyone else tried it?

In addition to the other replies - I never buy servers without a floppy if
it's at all possible (i.e., not little blade servers where space is tight).
Heck, I don't buy workstations without floppies, either - just to be on the
safe side!