Test lab

steven

I am looking to set up a test lab for disater recovery training/preperation i want to set this up with a seperate network scheme within my network "private" and i really do not want it to interfer with production but i want a working valid domain to experiment with. i will be setting up a DC and an exchange box with a couple clients. can anybody point me inthe right direction KB articals, etc.

I'm not really sure what you're looking for in regards to KB articles for setting this up. Generally what I would recomend would be to setup your test network on a differant logical network than your production network, whether that be a differant subnet or a differant vLAN (assuming your hardware supports it).

So long as there is no logical way for your test network to "talk" to your production network you should be fine.

Please let us know if there is something specific you're looking for.

-Erik

"Steven" wrote:

> I am looking to set up a test lab for disater recovery training/preperation i want to set this up with a seperate network scheme within my network "private" and i really do not want it to interfer with production but i want a working valid domain to experiment with. i will be setting up a DC and an exchange box with a couple clients. can anybody point me inthe right direction KB articals, etc.

steven

..I am trying to set this up with different network topology but on the same network. my production network is 192.168.x.x what i am trying to configure is 10.10.10.x I did install DNS and while doing a DCPROMO it fails. it says the wizard can not contact the DNS server that handles the name xxx.xxx.local then it tells me to install and configure DNS again. I do that go thru the steps then it fails saying the network location can not be reached