On start up - 'wkfud.exe - Application Error'

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 28, 2004 6:07:02 PM

When I start my computer, I get an error :-

'wkfud.exe - Application Error - The instruction at "0x77f82b81" referenced at "oxoo130000". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to debug the program. '

I have recently started using the internet.

I have run CWschredder and Microsoft updates.
I am using Windows 2000 with SP4.

Hope someone can advise me.

Ian.
Anonymous
June 28, 2004 10:22:30 PM

Spyware and or remnants of same. Natively you can; Start\Settings\Control
Panel\Administrative Tools\Computer Management(Local)\System
Information\Software Environment\Startup Programs|View|Advanced, then in the
"Location" column, you'll find the path to the "Startup" location either in
the "Startup" directories or from the registry's "Run" keys.

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
%USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

You can delete the shortcuts that you no longer want to run.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

You can delete the string value for the program you no longer want to run.

or copy msconfig from Windows XP to the "windows" directory

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]