On start up - 'wkfud.exe - Application Error'

When I start my computer, I get an error :-

'wkfud.exe - Application Error - The instruction at "0x77f82b81" referenced at "oxoo130000". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to debug the program. '

I have recently started using the internet.

I have run CWschredder and Microsoft updates.
I am using Windows 2000 with SP4.

Hope someone can advise me.

Ian.
1 answer Last reply
More about start wkfud application error

    Spyware and or remnants of same. Natively you can; Start\Settings\Control
    Panel\Administrative Tools\Computer Management(Local)\System
    Information\Software Environment\Startup Programs|View|Advanced, then in the
    "Location" column, you'll find the path to the "Startup" location either in
    the "Startup" directories or from the registry's "Run" keys.

    %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    %USERPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

    You can delete the shortcuts that you no longer want to run.

    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

    You can delete the string value for the program you no longer want to run.

    or copy msconfig from Windows XP to the "windows" directory

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "ian_will" wrote:
    | When I start my computer, I get an error :-
    |
    | 'wkfud.exe - Application Error - The instruction at "0x77f82b81"
    referenced at "oxoo130000". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK
    to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to debug the program. '

    | I have recently started using the internet.
    |
    | I have run CWschredder and Microsoft updates.
    | I am using Windows 2000 with SP4.
    |
    | Hope someone can advise me.
    |
    | Ian.

Microsoft Windows