can we do this - dual boot on 2 different harddisks on a s..

Hi all

Is it possible
two w2k os on 2 hardisks on a same computer want to choose
boot from C(first harddisk) or D(second harddisk)

Requirment is

load w2k on c drive unplug it
load w2k on d drive and plug both c drive and d drive.

at the startup time goto setup and choose boot sequence
as C drive or D drive

THE REASON BEHIND THIS IS
1 want to install oracle applications on c drive
2 want to install web based oracle tools on d drive

any suggestions

Greetings --

It's not only possible, but also quite easy to do. (And there's
absolutely no need to disconnect/reconnect physical hard drive to
control/select the boot OS.

How to Multiple Boot WinXP, Win2K, WinNT, Win95, Win98, WinMe, and
MSDOS
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q217/2/10.ASP

Multibooting with Windows 2000 and Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/administration/management/mltiboot.asp

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

"Ram" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> Is it possible
> two w2k os on 2 hardisks on a same computer want to choose
> boot from C(first harddisk) or D(second harddisk)
>
> Requirment is
>
> load w2k on c drive unplug it
> load w2k on d drive and plug both c drive and d drive.
>
> at the startup time goto setup and choose boot sequence
> as C drive or D drive
>
> THE REASON BEHIND THIS IS
> 1 want to install oracle applications on c drive
> 2 want to install web based oracle tools on d drive
>
> any suggestions

Thanks Bruce Chambers
I appreciate your help,
i will install and see how it works

count on
>having both at once. - RAH
>

>"Ram" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> Hi all
>>
>> Is it possible
>> two w2k os on 2 hardisks on a same computer want to
choose
>> boot from C(first harddisk) or D(second harddisk)
>>
>> Requirment is
>>
>> load w2k on c drive unplug it
>> load w2k on d drive and plug both c drive and d drive.
>>
>> at the startup time goto setup and choose boot sequence
>> as C drive or D drive
>>
>> THE REASON BEHIND THIS IS
>> 1 want to install oracle applications on c drive
>> 2 want to install web based oracle tools on d drive
>>
>> any suggestions
>>

>.

Greetings --

You're welcome.