No Celebi, Lugia or Mew...in US FR/LG

I just picked up the Prima guide for Leaf / Fire and saw no mention of
Deoxys and it stated that Mew, Celebi and Lugia will not be available in the
US - kind of a disappointment.

I guess the Aurora ticket may give us Deoxys but I am wondering how and when
that will be distributed...any ideas?
10 answers Last reply
More about celebi lugia

    "Raph" <raph@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I just picked up the Prima guide for Leaf / Fire and saw no mention of
    >Deoxys and it stated that Mew, Celebi and Lugia will not be available in
    >the US - kind of a disappointment.
    >
    > I guess the Aurora ticket may give us Deoxys but I am wondering how and
    > when that will be distributed...any ideas?

    When? No.

    Lugia and Ho-oh ARE in the game, though, but also require a special island
    ticket, like Deoxys. Quite strange, I know.

    Mew will probably be available eventually, since it's the only Pokémon
    unavailable to ANYONE in this wave of games.

    Celebi really concerns me, though. The Japanese have already got theirs, so
    they're not a concern. I'll be quite annoyed if we lose out simply because
    the US Coli bonus disk had a Jirachi on it instead.

    --
    Steffan

    Steffan Alun wrote:
    > "Raph" <raph@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Celebi really concerns me, though. The Japanese have already got
    > theirs, so they're not a concern. I'll be quite annoyed if we lose
    > out simply because the US Coli bonus disk had a Jirachi on it instead.

    Will we be able to transfer Jirachi onto FR/LG directly?

    "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
    >> Celebi really concerns me, though. The Japanese have already got
    >> theirs, so they're not a concern. I'll be quite annoyed if we lose
    >> out simply because the US Coli bonus disk had a Jirachi on it instead.
    >
    > Will we be able to transfer Jirachi onto FR/LG directly?

    Probably depends on how you go about doing it.

    Whatever the case, you'll need the National Dex in FL. Once you have that,
    you'll be able to transfer Jirachi from RS or Coli onto FL. I'm not certain
    whether using the Coli bonus disk would work, though, since we didn't get a
    bonus disk in the UK. We got it with Channel. Have I mentioned this enough
    to make anyone hate me yet?

    --
    Steffan

    Steffan Alun wrote:
    > "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
    >>> Celebi really concerns me, though. The Japanese have already got
    >>> theirs, so they're not a concern. I'll be quite annoyed if we lose
    >>> out simply because the US Coli bonus disk had a Jirachi on it
    >>> instead.
    >>
    >> Will we be able to transfer Jirachi onto FR/LG directly?
    >
    > Probably depends on how you go about doing it.
    >
    > Whatever the case, you'll need the National Dex in FL. Once you have
    > that, you'll be able to transfer Jirachi from RS or Coli onto FL. I'm not
    > certain whether using the Coli bonus disk would work, though,
    > since we didn't get a bonus disk in the UK. We got it with Channel. Have
    > I mentioned this enough to make anyone hate me yet?

    Oh that's right, you can't transfer any later generation pokemon until after
    you beat the Elite Four.

    A quick question then: Are FR/LG meant to be the new pokemon games, or are
    they meant to supplement R/S? In other words, are we supposed to transfer
    our pokemon from R/S to FR/LG, or the other way, or does it matter?

    > Steffan Alun wrote:
    > > "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Will we be able to transfer Jirachi onto FR/LG directly?
    > >
    > > Probably depends on how you go about doing it.
    > >
    > > Whatever the case, you'll need the National Dex in FL. Once you have
    > > that, you'll be able to transfer Jirachi from RS or Coli onto FL. I'm
    not
    > > certain whether using the Coli bonus disk would work, though,
    > > since we didn't get a bonus disk in the UK. We got it with Channel.
    Have
    > > I mentioned this enough to make anyone hate me yet?
    >
    > Oh that's right, you can't transfer any later generation pokemon until
    after
    > you beat the Elite Four.
    >
    > A quick question then: Are FR/LG meant to be the new pokemon games, or are
    > they meant to supplement R/S? In other words, are we supposed to transfer
    > our pokemon from R/S to FR/LG, or the other way, or does it matter?

    It probably doesn't matter. After you get the Ndex, I guess you can trade
    to whichever game you personally like the look of. Anyone know anything
    about Emerald?

    If what I read is true though, traded pokes with native pokes mate quicker.
    I don't think it matters for the egg, but even a little quicker is good,
    right?

    As for the legendaries, what about getting an imported Japanese version,
    since they are all supposed to be compatable?

    daramark

    daramark wrote:
    > trade to whichever game you personally like the look of. Anyone know
    > anything about Emerald?

    Is that coming to the US soon, or at all?

    "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
    > A quick question then: Are FR/LG meant to be the new pokemon games, or are
    > they meant to supplement R/S? In other words, are we supposed to transfer
    > our pokemon from R/S to FR/LG, or the other way, or does it matter?

    RS, FL and Coli are, as far as I'm concerned, one set of games, in the same
    way that RBY and GSC were one set each. GSC needed RBY to have a complete
    Dex, but RBY didn't need GSC, so they weren't co-dependent. FL needs RS and
    Coli. RS needs FL and Coli. If you really want to complete Coli's
    pseudoPokédex thing, you need FL and RS. Each of the five games is integral
    to completing the Dex, since they contain at least one Pokémon not found in
    any other.

    In summary, it doesn't really matter where you trade to. I intend to
    complete my Sapphire Dex regardless, but I also intend to complete my Leaf
    Green Dex when I have it.

    --
    Steffan
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message news:<41396d64$0$19721$61fed72c@news.rcn.com>...
    > daramark wrote:
    > > trade to whichever game you personally like the look of. Anyone know
    > > anything about Emerald?
    >
    > Is that coming to the US soon, or at all?

    It's not even out in Japan yet. Why would it be coming to the US soon?

    -Andrusi &&
    Sanity not included.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    Andrusi wrote:
    > "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
    >> daramark wrote:
    >>> trade to whichever game you personally like the look of. Anyone
    >>> know anything about Emerald?
    >>
    >> Is that coming to the US soon, or at all?
    >
    > It's not even out in Japan yet. Why would it be coming to the US
    > soon?

    Ok, how about, is it coming to the US at all?
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    In article <413a4f6c$0$19716$61fed72c@news.rcn.com>,
    John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote:
    >Andrusi wrote:
    >> "John Salerno" <johnjsal@NOSPAMrcn.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Is that coming to the US soon, or at all?
    >>
    >> It's not even out in Japan yet. Why would it be coming to the US
    >> soon?
    >
    >Ok, how about, is it coming to the US at all?

    It'll make them scads of money if they release it here; I think that's
    as satisfactory an answer to the question as you're going to get.

    david@thornley.net | If you don't, flee.

LG Games Nintendo Video Games