Any experience of using Akasa AK-859?

robmurphy

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
Hi all.

I'm in the progress of upgrading the HP PCs I've got.

One of the machines is very tight on space in the case (and the others are not great), and I realy do not want to start modifying the case.

The present processor is an S939 AMD athlon 64 3800+, and runs quite cool, about 35C using prime95 for 24 hours. This processor has a low TDP as far as I'm aware. I have an OEM X2 4600 to replace the CPU with, but the TDP on that is 110w. As space is tight I'm looking for a small cooler that is good. I would like to fit something like the arctic cooling freezer pro, but its to big. The Akasa AK-859 cooler is about the same size as the existing HSF, so it should fit physicaly. Its rated for the FX55 and FX57 witch have a TDP of 105w so are similar in rating to the X2 4600. Has any one experience of using this HSF, especialy on the dual core S939 processors.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rob.

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Havent seen to much on that cooler, but just looking at it i can tell its not a very powerful heatsink. this one is only a couple mm bigger on each side, so it might still fit in your case. And i know for a fact thats an awesome hsf.