Sign in with
Your question

Help with glitching picture from Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-3000

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 28, 2007 12:53:27 PM

Ive just bought a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-3000. Everything installed fine and i used the updated drivers. Im using XP Media centre edition 2005. I am recieving a DVB-T digital Terrestrial signal which works perfectly on my tv. The problem I have is that the picture and sound when watched on my computer glitches every 20 seconds or so or sometimes every minute or so. It happens using both WinTV or the media centre package. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything and using older drivers and nothing fixes the problem. Can anyone please help.
March 1, 2007 6:34:51 AM

Could be your monitor. Could be your motherboard. Could be your power supply unit. Try hooking a different monitor to it and see if it works. If problem still exists, try to borrow a good quality 500 watt power supply unit and give it another go. I'd do the motherboard last.
March 1, 2007 9:36:35 AM

i have 60 processes running but nothing taking up too much of the cpu. as for the monitor its a 22" widescreen. its brand new and theres no problem running anything else. The power supply is new too (the whole rig is only a week and half old) and is 620w. that should be pleanty !!
Related resources
March 1, 2007 11:02:40 AM

Hard disk activity is often the cause of glitching like that. Are your disks full or slow in any way? Also, try increasing the process priority of whichever playback software your using at the time (MCE or WinTV) to see if that reduces it.
March 1, 2007 11:05:35 AM

my harddrive is about half full but is a 10000RPM sata which is very fast.ill try the process priority and look for any changes. im also tryin to end any non essential pocesses.
March 1, 2007 12:43:43 PM

right so i turned off around 10 processes and set the priority of the tv process to realtime and still no change. its still glitching. Anymore ideas ? Their only small glitches but their still very annoying !!
March 1, 2007 12:48:14 PM

Quote:
i have 60 processes running but nothing taking up too much of the cpu. as for the monitor its a 22" widescreen. its brand new and theres no problem running anything else. The power supply is new too (the whole rig is only a week and half old) and is 620w. that should be pleanty !!

Being new does not rule out defective or buggy.
!