Sign in with
Your question

Razer Tarantula or Logitech G15

Last response: in Components
February 28, 2007 1:36:39 PM

I'm looking for a new keyboard gear towards gaming that will also go with the look I have going for my office/game room. I originally was looking at the Enermax Aurora (http://www.enermax.com.tw/english/product_peripherals_detail.asp?PrID=48), but with virtually no features geared towards gaming, I decided to look at other options. The two mentioned in the subject are both geared towards gaming, and have received positive reviews. I was hoping to get opinions from the community to help sway my decision or maybe introduce more sutible contenders. Please let me know what you think.
February 28, 2007 2:06:26 PM

The Tarantula looks nice, and i was considering it too. But it wont work in the BIOs, so you'll have to get a second keyboard if your going to oc. The G15 is the keyboard im going to get, right now my pc has an old keyboard from one of my macs hooked up to it.
February 28, 2007 2:08:01 PM

I bought my G15 shortly after hearing about them. At the time I was playing WoW and I must say it made things a whole hell of alot easier. I played a Warlock and bound all my curses to the "G" keys. I had all my curses on the top row. I had healing pots and mana pots and bandages and all sorts of stuff bound to them.

With the LCD screen that comes with it you can download a program and make your own apps that will use that screen. I had a guy in my old guild that made one for WoW before wow actualy put one out. He had made some that would show his computer temps and HD free space that was left. All pretty neat stuff in itself. Now as you probably guess I'm biased towards the G15. Sorry I can't comment on the Tarantula as I'v never used one of them before. But my money would be on the G15.

Just my two copper though.
Related resources
March 1, 2007 2:51:23 PM

I would def. go for the G15. It is a really nice keyboard great features such as the G Keys, and the built on LCD but i am 100% sure you already know about most of the features of it or you wouldn't be posting lol so no need to go over all of them. Now what i can say from owning it is that the G-Keys are really great especially for games such as WoW as other posters have said. The LCD was the selling point for me. You can use secondary software so that the LCD can display other stuff. I will have to say that Logitech could have made the LCD software with more features for the users to change and add stuff as they like. With secondary software you can set it up to display Temperature of your CPU, GPU, and HDs. CPU/HD Usage. You can also set it up to display better media info when you are playing music through winamp or media player. Network usage the list is a very long one to be honest i have seen tons of different stuff that LCD is capable of displaying. But this is all IMO.
March 1, 2007 9:53:20 PM

Hellooo, Just some inside information from the labs at THG. We are currently doing a review of the Razr keyboard. Keep an eye out for it on the site.

Your friendly insider,

SebastianV
March 2, 2007 3:49:54 PM

Quote:
Hellooo, Just some inside information from the labs at THG. We are currently doing a review of the Razr keyboard. Keep an eye out for it on the site.

Your friendly insider,

SebastianV

Cool thanks for the heads up. :-) I recently heard from my wife who actually has vista as opposed to me whose waiting that the G15 LCD is rendered useless if your using the new secruity features of Vista not sure how true that is but that could suck if they don't fix it.
March 2, 2007 10:13:47 PM

I've had both keyboards and can tell you that the G15 is superior. I also had another friend who bought the tarantula and took it back to get a G15.
March 15, 2007 7:02:09 AM

I had Logitech G15 . The coolest thing in this keyboard is LCD display . It's helpful when you are listening winamp or using teamspeak/vt . There is a program called LCD studio which allows you 2 conf your own display how you want . G buttons are not useful when u play FPS game coz they are too far away from WASD keys . They can help ya when you play WC3 or WoW and this kind of games . Unfortunately after 2 months my keyboard just stoped working , and I've returned it 2 the shop . They didn't repair it , and sad that i used it in a wrong way loool :)  So , I'll never buy Logi product again . Now I'm using Razer Tarantula . I like it a lot , maybe even more then G15 . Makro buttons are much closer to tradicional keys(u can use it in any type of games) , and the reposne time is faster (dunno why , but that's true ) . I think that for FPS games like CS , CoD , MoHaa and BF series Razer is much better , becouse of faster response and Anti-Ghosting Capability - which is verry importand . But if you like strategic games or RPG , i would pick G15 coz the LCD display . Ohh and for work both keyboards are great .
p.s som1 wrote that razer doesnt work in BIOs - thats not true . You have only to change one option in Bios before you will plugin one of this new keyboard .
March 15, 2007 7:57:42 AM

G15, got one myself and it rocks!

Anyone know where I can get more applications for the LCD?
March 15, 2007 2:18:29 PM

Quote:
The Tarantula looks nice, and i was considering it too. But it wont work in the BIOs, so you'll have to get a second keyboard if your going to oc. The G15 is the keyboard im going to get, right now my pc has an old keyboard from one of my macs hooked up to it.

That is entirely untrue. The tarantula works just as it should in the BIOS and is a better board than the G15 (IMHO).
March 15, 2007 2:42:53 PM

Hi . I ve also razer tarantula and i love it, but I've one prob . So when I'm pushing "D" key and later i click "R" - nothing is hapening (D is moving right and R - reload). Do you have same problem ?
March 15, 2007 2:48:43 PM

Hmmm... Does anyone know if you can switch profiles with a Razer Death Adder mouse using the G Keys?
March 15, 2007 2:56:05 PM

Quote:
Cool thanks for the heads up. :-) I recently heard from my wife who actually has vista as opposed to me whose waiting that the G15 LCD is rendered useless if your using the new secruity features of Vista not sure how true that is but that could suck if they don't fix it.

i had my G15 upand working as a traditional keyboard in Vista, i didn't bother installing the software though, so i can't say for sure if they'll work, but then again Logitech is fairly good about there drivers so i'm sure it'll be resolved if there is an issue.

P.S. I love the G15
March 15, 2007 4:17:56 PM

Quote:

i had my G15 upand working as a traditional keyboard in Vista, i didn't bother installing the software though, so i can't say for sure if they'll work, but then again Logitech is fairly good about there drivers so i'm sure it'll be resolved if there is an issue.

P.S. I love the G15

Yeah my wife is plugged up to her computer with Vista but not sure if she bothered to load the software for it. I know the keyboard seems to work ok. I totally agree Logitech will come out with a fix for it. I've used their stuff for as long as I can remember and never had any problems with software. I love my G15 keyboard I should have this made into T-shirt. lol
!