OC stable, trouble with cold boot

tekbot

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2007
very odd issue.
OC seems stable at multiple settings. a simple restart boots fine. but if i shut it completely down and let it sit for a while, when i turn it back on, it often resets to the original BIOS settings. please advise me on what i should try next.

also is under voltage OK? i passed the 8hr mark on prime95 with it set to 1.225. same boot issue so i started upping the coreV with no success.

e6400
gigabyte p965 -S3
2gb corsair cm2x -6400 (5-5-5-18 )

current BIOS settings
-everything disabled
-FSB 400mhz
-PCI =100mhz
-ram 1:1
-ddr2 = +2
-MCH = +2
-coreV = 3.275

thanks in advance.

tekbot

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2007
still trying to get this work.

i have noticed that some folks dont mess with the voltage to much.

i under stood that you almost start with some sort of voltage increase for atleast the NB and the DDR2. i just started fresh and now its booting properly. its at 3.2 and seems to be stable. my voltage is only 1.225.

does anyone have any comments on this? still trying to get some insight before i push it any further.

will14

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2006
I'd bet my boots that it's a psu issue.
Haha jokes on you I dont own boots.
That would explain why psu runs when rebooting(never really discharges totally etc is still on)
I've heard of issues with certain high effeciency psu's not always starting due to I'll be damned if I remember why.
I have ADD though and cant focus so if you need more info ask and say what psu you got for me/others.