Manual for motherboard DTK PRM-23I E0 soc370 chipset i810

beroland

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2007
Hy to all! This is my first thread here and, please, let me say that I am happy that I am here. I am from Croatia.
I have one problem and I am asking if somebody can help me.

I need a manual for motherboard DTK PRM-23I E0, socket 370, chipset i810 because I want to upgrade this motherboard. If somebody have this manual to email me or knows where I can find it elsewhere, it will be a huge help for me. Thank you very much in advance!

I have already tried to contact DTK and i send couple of (lots of :D ) emails but there is no response from them, more than 4 weeks.

beroland

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2007
g-paw thank you very very much on your accurate response!!I appreciate this very much! :D
Yeah, I tried this page and link for the motherboard http://www.dtk.com.tw/download/manual/23ie0m.html lots of times in past 4 weeks, but it is always 404 error (Page does not exist) :( in Chinese (I supose) or some other language. I also can not read the language but I am sure that this is 404 error response from dtk s server.

beroland

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2007
Thank you!
what do you want to upgrade?
I want to put Intel Celeron 1000MHz on it, but the motherboard does not detect the processor. I suppose that I have to upgrade BIOS (because on DTK site there is info for the motherboard that new BIOS support all Celeron processors) and I already downloaded BIOS but there are some problems with flashing BIOS and I want to be sure that if something goes wrong I will know how to roll back so I need a manual, and I also think that there are jumpers on motherboard for FSB settings and I can not figure out this without manual.

Your best bet would be to contact them directly.

tech@dtk.com.tw

Yes, I tried that maybe 5-10 times in the past 4 weeks and there is no response at all.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Thank you!
what do you want to upgrade?
I want to put Intel Celeron 1000MHz on it, but the motherboard does not detect the processor. I suppose that I have to upgrade BIOS (because on DTK site there is info for the motherboard that new BIOS support all Celeron processors) and I already downloaded BIOS but there are some problems with flashing BIOS and I want to be sure that if something goes wrong I will know how to roll back so I need a manual, and I also think that there are jumpers on motherboard for FSB settings and I can not figure out this without manual.

Your best bet would be to contact them directly.

tech@dtk.com.tw

Yes, I tried that maybe 5-10 times in the past 4 weeks and there is no response at all.

On most mobo websites on the BIOS download page there are instructions for flashing as well as recovery. Every time I've flashed regardless of the mfg one of the options is to back up your old BIOS on a Floppy before flashing

beroland

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2007
Thank you on lots of interesting and valuable info!
On most mobo websites on the BIOS download page there are instructions for flashing as well as recovery. Every time I've flashed regardless of the mfg one of the options is to back up your old BIOS on a Floppy before flashing
I am a little bit afraid without a manual because at this moment this comp serves as a local print and file server with celer 466MHZ and it is working just fine, and I do not want to kill the system just for 434MHz. :D I know that this is very old and cheap :wink: but it works great and stable, so I am cautious - maybe to much :lol:

i think the fastest processor the i810 supported was 850MHz
but if its an 810E then 1GHz is the fastest
Chipset is i810 for sure. Are you sure that this is true? :cry:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
First of all, there are two Celeron 1000 cores, Coppermine and Tualatin. Tualatins require an adapter to work on most (coppermine compatible) motherboards.

Going back farther, the earliest boards did not even support Coppermine cores, just Mendocino and earlier cores. You had to use a Coppermine adapter on the early boards to support Coppermines, and they couldn't support Tualatins at all, not even with an adapter.

In the middle was the bus speed issue, early boards did not support 100MHz FSB. You'd need a Coppermine adapter to use them with a Coppermine Celeron, and Coppermine Celerons with 66MHz FSB only went as high as 766MHz. 100MHz processors normally operate, but at lower speeds.

So the first thing you need to know is what KIND of Celeron 1000 you have: If it has 256k cache it's a Tualatin, if it has 128k cache it's a Coppermine. Second, you need to know if your board supports Coppermines (at all) to figure out the appropriate adapter. Third, you may end up with a board so old that it doesn't support a Tualatin via adapter, or one that runs your Celeron 1000 at 667MHz.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
while it may not make any sense it is indeed true
here is what is supported on 810
http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/ca810/sb/cs-012832.htm

and here is 810E
http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/ca810e/sb/cs-012805.htm

No, what you said is not true.

1.) The Celeron 766 was the fastest 66MHz FSB Celeron, not the 850. That's why what you said makes no sense. Anything that supports 850 supports 100MHz FSB, which allows for the Coppermine Celeron 1000.

2.) Intel's documentation isn't complete because I've tested higher speed processors with some success, ie when they say a 700 works a 766 also works.

3.) There's also a split at 566MHz which Intel hasn't documented, where the Celeron was available at that speed in both Coppermine and Mendocino cores. The oldest boards did not support the Coppermine 566 but did support the Mendocino 566.

4.) It's better to ask me about these things than to try to figure it out on your own because I was a reference source for this information, testing unvalidated combinations on my own for my motherboard refurbishment business from 2001-2004.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Yes, but Intel's documentation doesn't even account for oddball processors like the PIII 900 and PIII 1000E (not EB), just the more common parts. It also lacks the Celeron 733 and Celeron 766, which logically would have went with at least one version of the board.

It's not about what Intel says will work, it's about what cores and bus speeds work. Nothing more. If you know the cores and bus speeds, you don't have to keep track of speeds they might have missed.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Thank you on lots of interesting and valuable info!
I am a little bit afraid without a manual because at this moment this comp serves as a local print and file server with celer 466MHZ and it is working just fine, and I do not want to kill the system just for 434MHz. :D I know that this is very old and cheap :wink: but it works great and stable, so I am cautious - maybe to much :lol:

i think the fastest processor the i810 supported was 850MHz
but if its an 810E then 1GHz is the fastest
Chipset is i810 for sure. Are you sure that this is true? :cry:

If it's working and given how old it is, you might just want to leave it be for now. When you eventually replace it, then try the upgrade. If it works, great and if not, you haven't lost anything. I enjoy trying different things to see if they work but always on a machine that if anything happens, e.g., I lose everything, I don't care.

beroland

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2007
@Crashman Thank you very much on such useful details!

If it's working and given how old it is, you might just want to leave it be for now. When you eventually replace it, then try the upgrade. If it works, great and if not, you haven't lost anything. I enjoy trying different things to see if they work but always on a machine that if anything happens, e.g., I lose everything, I don't care.
Yes, I agree with you, but (there is always "but" :D ) I really want to speed up this machine and I am serching solutions.

At this moment there is Celeron 466MHz Mendocino FSB 66MHz on the motherboard, and the Celer 1000MHz is FSB 100MHz i think.
Only info for the motherboard, which is available to me, is this link http://www.motherboard.cz/mb/dtk/PRM-23IE0.htm
There is no info about what FSB is supported. What do you think, would that celer 1000 be ok, after BIOS updating?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I don't think anyone knows if that board supports 100MHz FSB or Coppermines. Further, nobody knows if your Celeron 1000 is a Tualatin or a Coppermine, both had 100MHz FSB.

If the board supports Coppermines, and YOUR Celeron is a Coppermine, it should work. Since it doesn't work at all, there's probably no hope it will ever work.

You can use this info to try and figure out whether or not a different processor will work.

beroland

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2007
Hy!
I successfully put celeron 600MHz Copermine FSB 66 MHz on the motherboard (before yesterday there was celeron 466MHz) and it works great, but I have that celeron 1000 MHz FSB 100 MHz which I want to work on the motherboard.
Does anybody know if there is some jumper for setting FSB on the motherboard and what is the accurate position for FSB 100, because I suppose that FSB 100 is a problem with that celeron 1000MHz not being recognized by the motherboard. Maybe if I set FSB to 100MHZ on the motherboard with some jumpers that would be ok?

Tnx in advance!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The most likely cause for your problem is that YOUR PARTICULAR Celeron 1000 is a Tualatin version. If it were a Coppermine Celeron 1000 and your board didn't support 100MHz FSB, it would STILL WORK but at 667MHz. The fact that it doesn't work at all would seem to indicate it's a Tualatin on a non-Tualatin board. So the FIRST thing you'd need is a Tualatin CPU adapter. These used to be available in the U.S. for around $4 with the brand "Lin-Lin" marked on the box.

Intel changed some pins between the Coppermine and Tualatin CPU's with the intent to prevent the Tualatin cores from functioning at all on "incompatible" boards, and the adapter simply re-routs those pins.

Aesops

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
Beroland - My husband, now deceased, had a computer store. I was left with a lot of inventory, most of which I donated to an organization. I found a small packet marked DTK Bios in the safe recently and I am wondering if it might be of use to you. There is also a collection of other chips which I could identify for you if you are interested.

This is very interesting because My daugter, son-in-law and I are planning a trip to croatia in June. My son-in-law's grandparents are from Croatia.

Please let me know if you might be able to use these chips.

Aesops