CD-ROM Drivers

March 13, 2005 7:02:13 PM

I have an HP Pavilion model 8756c. Recently I am unable to access the CD
drives. (The failure is probably related to recently running a defrag and
disc-cleanup.) When I go to Device Manager is see two drives listed - LG
CD-ROM CDR-8483B and Mitsumi CR-4804TE. There is an icon - a yellow circle
with an exclamation point - next to each device. If I click on the item and
go to properties is see a message - "Windows cannot load the device driver
for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing". There is a
troubleshooting feature available that guides me through uninstalling and
reinstalling the device. That didn't work. I also notice that, in that
properties dialog box, there is a list of the drivers. I can find the
drivers in the directory so I don't understand why they are not available.

Can you help me understand what has failed and what I need to do to correct
the problem?

Regards...David

More about : rom drivers

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 7:02:14 PM

CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, ­Code 32,
Code 19, or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Wi­ndows XP

To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
[Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter]

2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

6. Quit Registry Editor.NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value,
if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need
to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.

7. Restart your computer.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"David Glass" wrote:

| I have an HP Pavilion model 8756c. Recently I am unable to access the CD
| drives. (The failure is probably related to recently running a defrag and
| disc-cleanup.) When I go to Device Manager is see two drives listed - LG
| CD-ROM CDR-8483B and Mitsumi CR-4804TE. There is an icon - a yellow circle
| with an exclamation point - next to each device. If I click on the item and
| go to properties is see a message - "Windows cannot load the device driver
| for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing". There is a
| troubleshooting feature available that guides me through uninstalling and
| reinstalling the device. That didn't work. I also notice that, in that
| properties dialog box, there is a list of the drivers. I can find the
| drivers in the directory so I don't understand why they are not available.
|
| Can you help me understand what has failed and what I need to do to correct
| the problem?
|
| Regards...David
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 12:56:38 AM

Carey...thanks...

However, when I attempted to delete the UpperFilter value I recieved a
message "Can not delete. Error while deleting key." Can you help?

Thanks again!

!