Random Cut Outs

March 13, 2005 2:36:31 PM

my friends computer jus keeps cuttin out every 10 mins no warning blue
screen or nething urgent help needed reply asap plz :D

--
ColdfirE

More about : random cut outs

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 8:36:31 PM

Hi

What happens when the PC 'cuts out' - a shutdown, restart or freeze? Have a
look in the Event Viewer for any errors that may refer to the problem. From
Start>Run type

eventvwr.msc

then expand the options in the left hand column.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"ColdfirE" <ColdfirE.1luf1m@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> my friends computer jus keeps cuttin out every 10 mins no warning blue
> screen or nething urgent help needed reply asap plz :D
>

> --
> ColdfirE
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 8:36:33 PM

Are the fans in the pc working? It may be that the cpu is over heating.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

"ColdfirE" <ColdfirE.1luf1m@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> my friends computer jus keeps cuttin out every 10 mins no warning blue
> screen or nething urgent help needed reply asap plz :D
>

> --
> ColdfirE
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 12:05:38 AM

"ColdfirE" <ColdfirE.1luf1m@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
> my friends computer jus keeps cuttin out every 10 mins no warning blue
> screen or nething urgent help needed reply asap plz :D

Sounds like a heating problem. Take off the side panels and make sure all
fans are running. Try running without side panels and see if the problem
goes away. If it does, replace the CPU fan and any other that seems to be
slow.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com