Random Cut Outs

my friends computer jus keeps cuttin out every 10 mins no warning blue
screen or nething urgent help needed reply asap plz :D

--
ColdfirE
3 answers Last reply

    Hi

    What happens when the PC 'cuts out' - a shutdown, restart or freeze? Have a
    look in the Event Viewer for any errors that may refer to the problem. From
    Start>Run type

    eventvwr.msc

    then expand the options in the left hand column.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "ColdfirE" <ColdfirE.1luf1m@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > my friends computer jus keeps cuttin out every 10 mins no warning blue
    > screen or nething urgent help needed reply asap plz :D
    >

    > --
    > ColdfirE

    Are the fans in the pc working? It may be that the cpu is over heating.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert

    "ColdfirE" <ColdfirE.1luf1m@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > my friends computer jus keeps cuttin out every 10 mins no warning blue
    > screen or nething urgent help needed reply asap plz :D
    >

    > --
    > ColdfirE

    "ColdfirE" <ColdfirE.1luf1m@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
    > my friends computer jus keeps cuttin out every 10 mins no warning blue
    > screen or nething urgent help needed reply asap plz :D

    Sounds like a heating problem. Take off the side panels and make sure all
    fans are running. Try running without side panels and see if the problem
    goes away. If it does, replace the CPU fan and any other that seems to be
    slow.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com