boot problem with disabling RAID

I needed to delete a RAID mirror setup and remove one of the hard drives.
The machine is win2k worksta, sp4 with an Epox 8kTA3+ mobo and Highpoint
HPT370 raid controller. I deleted the mirror setup in the controller BIOS
and I thought, since the drives are mirrored, that the same files would be
on both disks. I then removed the hard drive that was on the secondary
master port. The machine then booted but would not recognize passwords. I
reinstalled the hard drive and it booted OK, but now Win installed the drive
as G: and DiskManager shows this G: drive as "system" and apparently the
boot drive, because the drive letter can't be changed. Is there any way to
transfer the system and boot files to the current C: drive, so that I can
remove the G: drive??
Thanks
Bill

Try to reinitialize the disks: delete everything from
HKLM\System\MountedDevices and reboot or edit its content first.

Wow, that did the trick!!
Thanks a bunch.
Bill